Max IV top

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Max IV top

Max IV top

Anyone know of an aftermarket enclosure for the Max IV? The RI prices are unreasonable for these machines. I have rare military jeeps that the complete canvas top doors and side curtains are much cheaper than what RI ask for there tops.

Quote Originally Posted by westkymaxiv View Post
    Anyone know of an aftermarket enclosure for the Max IV? The RI prices are unreasonable for these machines. I have rare military jeeps that the complete canvas top doors and side curtains are much cheaper than what RI ask for there tops.
    hi west. i wish i did ,. i wan't one to . there was a dealer out of miss or montan that had aftermarket tops i'll see if i can find it robbie

Go to a place that makes canvas boat tops, see what they would charge. They did a fairly intricate one with windows to make a slant back top for my 77 k5 blazer for about 300 bucks.

Thanks guys. I am almost done camoing my Max IV with Camo Clad Advanced Max-4 pattern. I ordered 6 yards of Cordura the same pattern. I just have to get my window material now. My mom has an industrial type sewing machine. We are gonna make the top. If all goes well we might make more. I will keep you posted.
    Eddie

Eddie, if you can use your mom's sewing machine you will save so much of the cost on the labor. Let us know how it turns out. An industrial type sewing machine is something that I would love to have in my shop to make seats and tops with. Good luck with it, and post up some pics when you're done if you get a chance.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks guys. I am almost done camoing my Max IV with Camo Clad Advanced Max-4 pattern. I ordered 6 yards of Cordura the same pattern. I just have to get my window material now. My mom has an industrial type sewing machine. We are gonna make the top. If all goes well we might make more. I will keep you posted.
    Eddie
    cool let us know how it turns out .robbie

When you take the measurements to make the pattern, record good notes so that you can share if you would. You are right, tops are expensive. What rare military jeeps do you have? Please PM me. Have you dealt with Beechwood Canvas?

Max 6 Wheel Drive

I almost have all the Camo clad on. It really looks cool. My mom has made the top half of one seat cover in the Advantage MAX4 pattern using the cordura. It looks factor.

Post some pics of the camoclad when you get it done. The factory is close to where I live and I thought of putting it on a new one as an option for sale. A lot of the guys at work love camoclad. They put it on just about everything. One guy bought a blazer with a dead battery for $300 from a student. He put in a new battery and washed it and covered the whole thing in camoclad then sold it for $3000. They call it redneck wallpaper at work.

Camo Clad pictures are uploaded in my photos Jerry. No top yet but you can see the body and the condura seat covers. Top to come next.

We started cutting out the top last night.
    Eddie
    Last edited by westkymaxiv; 01-11-2008 at 09:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread