higher speed drifting to right a little

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: higher speed drifting to right a little

Question higher speed drifting to right a little

my max at an upper speed drifts a little to the right just wandered what would cause this its not anything dangerous as of yet how do you drain the oil out of motor and trans without gettin it everywhere inside tub where is the drain plug for trans also the left joystick is a little tighter than the right when you pull it back could that cause the drifting i looked at a post by i believe by mike and noticed axle bearing replacement he has inner bearings on his frame mine does not have those in place i have and extra shaft in the middle that connects the two half shafts/ axles i have a parts diagram and it doesn't show the bearings is it cause mine is older

Hi LArry.
    I had a similar problem with my old superchief. Check the tire pressure on the right side. If you dont have one get a low pressure (atv) tire gauge. Make sure all tires have the same amount of air in them. (1 pound makes a big difference when you are only running 3pounds of pressure. Also check your chain tensions. If one side (right in your case) is really cranked down, that may cause you to have a slight drift too. You should have about a half inch of play on all of your chains" pulling from the middle.
    AS far as oil changes go, I get a tube and attach fitting to it that screws into the hole. You can do the same thing on the opposite side of the tubes by crimping a fitting with a cap to stop the flow. I then drain into a large tupperwear that I lay in the tub. Some poeple leave this type of device on the t-20 all of the time because it is such a pain to get to the drain plug. I hope this helps.
    Famous last words: I swear honey... I am just going to change the tranny fluid. I won't tear this one apart...

thanks my bet is the chain tension my adjusters dont work right i had to make some pieces to hold them up it works good but i don't know how long they will last god i have never known just how fun these things are till i got one hope to keep this thing for a long time i got a habit of gettin rid of stuff within a four month period but i keep tellin myself thats it not going anywhere so i will c

I had the same drifting problem on my max and I found that even if the tire psi is the same the tires are different circumfrence.

+ Reply to Thread