diesel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: diesel

diesel

will try to post pictuers tommorrow of max 4 with 2 cyl kubota diesel

pictures

diesel 6 wheeler
    Attached Images

Very cool. How many HP is that Diesel? And how does it perform speed wise and low end wise. (Sure low end is great, mainly curious about getting up to and top speed)
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

only about 25 mph had a 25 hp motor gas this is a 16 hp will run all day on a gallon of diesel

Cool indeed. Thanks for sharing a picture. Post some more if you have any.

Neat install. Diesel is the wave of the future. Low fuel usage, lots of torque, long engine life. Modern gasoline breaks down too quickly these days.

Now that is a hood full. Nice, very nice. What is the weight of the engine and have you put it in water yet to check balance?

That's cool- nice work. I'll bet it's a torquemonster for sure!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

diesel install

had to go with a different belt center distance changed. the weight seems to be about the same it actually seems to float better in the water. i have been running it for about 6 months with no problems so far. it is a little more noisy and seems to make the clutch slap more than the gas engine did. will try to post more pictures my internet is just slow.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by rangerxp; 11-04-2010 at 10:12 AM.

That is a very COOL upgrade!!! Something I'll be looking into in the furture, as my IV also has the 25hp Kohler. If you are looking to knock down the noise some, try Dynamat (or an equivalent brand) and line the entire inside of the engine compartment, hood section and along the backside of the rear seat. It substainally reduced the noise levels in my Max IV. Pricey stuff, but worth every penny. I just happened to have a large enough hunk of the stuff left over from my Jeep Cheropkee hood mods to be able to piece together sections for the engine compartment of the Max. I did it mainly out of curiosity - to see if it would work as well in the Max as it did in the Jeep - and it really did.

+ Reply to Thread