Should I Become a Dealer???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should I Become a Dealer???

I'll put in some advise for *IF* you decide to become a dealer. There are two things, in my opinion, you must do to sell a Max in a decent amount of time. First, you can't sell apples from an empty wagon... just like you can't sell Maxs from an empty garage. You need to have a Max II and Max IV in stock if you plan to do anything with the business or have any real chance of selling. Start with a 16hp II, 22" tires, brown body, and roll bar; and a 23hp IV, camo body, roll cage, and 26" tires. Package 'A' on both. I find that these two vehicles fit the largest number of people, and represent the line well for those who might want to order another model after a test drive. Since you are in MN, a track prep package might come in handy, and if so, upgrade to at least the 18hp engine in the Max II.
    Second, know absolutely everything about the vehicles. Hard to do, I know, for being new to the sport. It takes research and hands on to learn the vehicles. Fixing up an older Max is a great way to learn all the workings. Customers looking at a new vehicle like to know that you can do any service they may need and don't want to see ????? in your eyes when they ask just how the heck that T-20 works.

Keep us up to date. It's a great sport but do keep in mind that the economy is terrible and it has only began its long fall.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

I don't think a 72" plow is a good idea, but I've moved a lot of snow with my Attex and 60" plow. As for wear and tear it's all in the technique you use and how carefully you shift it. My style in a truck or atv is to use your momentum and not get lugging. When you start to strain you always want to back up and take a bit less.

MaxRules - Great ideas.
    I've considered (along with advice from Galen at RI) the very same sizes of tires, engines and packages you've mentioned above. Sounds like you know your stuff. Adding a track package adds way too much to the cost of the vehicle at this point. If the customer is interested they can with my assistance pursue getting tracks. I also added the package A on both vehicles. I've been researching the crap out of these things and have been watching the market carefully. I do believe the economy is in the crapper. I don't know when it is going to get better but hopefully soon as I can retire from Law Enforcment is about 3 years. I was hoping this could be something I would do in my retirement years. If I may be so bold (and you don't have to answer) have you sold many machines in the last couple of months or this last year? I'm trying to get a feel for if these machines are selling at all around the country. I'm really grateful you responded and added your advice, I really need it to make my decisons.

turvuren
    I believe thats a good point. I really take care of my machines and I don't push anything too much. Good ideas and thanks.

Well, I've been doin alot of research and in a way I'm disappointed in what I'm hearing. Some large and small dealers and from many different states, ie:Mo, Wi, Wy, are telling me they haven't sold a new machine in Months to a Year, to YEARS. I know the economy is bad, but until you talk to other dealers, you really begin to understand how bad it is. RI is being real patient with most dealers who haven't sold machines for awhile, which should indicate to me that it's not something to get into right now. Well hope everybody is having a good day. It's 20 below zero here in Minnesota with a 40 to 50 below wind chill - great camping weather! ha-ha

+ Reply to Thread