trying to figure out the year of my max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trying to figure out the year of my max II

trying to figure out the year of my max II

I picked up a max II last week, and I am trying to figure out what year it is or at least close to the year. Some details that might help: it has a red body, balloon tires, no inner axle bearings, older style t-20 and a 2 stroke engine. Sorry, don't have any pics yet. Thanks for the help.
    I don't want to go fast, I just want to go anywhere.

if the tub is molded around the front of the front tires, then it's 1974 or older (see pic).
    remove the seat, take some sandpaper to the frame bulkhead that runs side to side just in front of the battery (the steel part that the shifter goes through) . sand the right side a little and you should see some #'s. call recreative with those #'s and they can tell you the year, and where it was originally sold
    Attached Images
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    if the tub is molded around the front of the front tires, then it's 1974 or older (see pic).
    Mine does look like that, must be older than a 74. Funny, the guy selling it claimed it to be a 91, but I knew that it wasn't even close to that with the balloon tires. Must not have many hours on it though, the bottom of the tub is hardly even scratched, and inside the t-20 looked like brand new. Just had rusty chains and a faded body from sitting outside, and the engine was blown. Now I am starting a four stroke swap and updating the tires and axles.
    I don't want to go fast, I just want to go anywhere.

If the serial number is on it still you could call Recreatives and they could tell you the year. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 Also, if it has an ABS plastic body it is one of the first few years of Maxes built 70, 71, or 72 I'd guess.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread