Sunk max

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sunk max

Just a thought, but if someone has an inflatable dinghy you could use a paddle or pole to push yourself out with a heavy rope and second rope, cut the max out (leaning on the tube, don't leave it) attach heavy rope/cable and get pulled in by the smaller rope. Now winch the max in. Just a thought, but the dingy won't go through, it'll spread the load out a lot, and EVEN if it did, you'd be floating with a rope to get pulled right back in. Personally, I think this is how I'd attack it. I'd be confident only since I'm in something that floats better than an AATV, and I have assistance and a tow rope handy already. Just be sure the saw is covered so the teeth don't meet the tube
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

It is about thick enough to get an atv to it now. It is over 150 yards off shore and it is like a mine field of holes of thin ice under the snow. Should be getting pulled out first of week and start pulling motor and tranny. Have a trailer with a boom and winch to lift it up while pulling it out of hole. It is in a remote area so getting stuff to it is not easy. Should be out first of week. My only worry is if it will impact long term durabilty. Motor and tranny are coming out to get cleaned and dried so hope that does it.

hi i've sank my max II 2 times it
    s still running get the water out asap take the carb apart clean it get it back to running as soon as possible i changed the oil 3 to 4 times till i get it clean u might need to put some in the cyd to coat them a good cleaning will take care of most of it robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

it will be fine. as soon as you get it out you need to get right on it. get water out of the cylinders and crank case. I do oil changes, run motor, then see if oil is clear. repeat till clean. you need a winch, some extra big rope, and a truck. do they have kayaks around you? you could use one to slide out to the machine if you worried about falling through..

+ Reply to Thread