called Bufalo Bearing today....What do ya'll think about this

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: called Bufalo Bearing today....What do ya'll think about this

called Bufalo Bearing today....What do ya'll think about this

I called Buffalo Bearing today to see about ordering some new inner and outer bearings.

For the hc207-20 r3 (outer bearings) they gave me a price of approx $17 and for the sa206-20 the price was $8.50, both bearings were KBC brand.

He also quoted me a price of $4.50 for the flanges and said that they were part # G72MSA (with zerk) for the outer piece and 72MS for the inner piece for the hc207's and G62MSA/62MS for the SA206's.

Do all these part #'s seem correct and prices seem fair for the brand? I've never changed any bearings on anything, let alone bought them. So I thought it would be wise to get some advice from some 6x6 vets

Also, one last question........are the nylon chain adjusters on the richard's relics site worth the price he's asking for them? I'm just trying to get my 97 max II in tip top shape and they look like they would be tons better than what RI put on the max from the factory.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Hey Mudd, that price seems in the right range, cheaper than some I've seen for sure. I have run nylon rollers on my hustler 950 for 2 yrs with no trouble. Don't like what happens when the bearing goes out on the sprocket type tensioners.

Mudd I'm gonna buy 2 of the adjusters for my 98 max. The original adjusters are horrible. Wish i had dimensions/tooling for them and could make my own the price is steep but a good design. From others I've heard nothing but good about them. You pay for what you get I guess.
    The feat of sinking a max is a badge of honor.

I copied richads design and I have to tell you guys they are great.They are made with uni-strut, thats what the slotted piece of steel is. I found some from fastnel company and welded mine up.The nylon rollers bar stock from fastnel, also sholder bolt found there too. Took about 2 hours to fab them up.Work great.

Nairb35,

Could you post a link to the nylon roller bar stock you used
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Micmac, here's a page at msc. They also carry delrin which is really tough, but the nylon seems to last forever, and delrin is more expensive. Happy shopping!
    mscdirect.com

I bought UHMW (ultra high molecular weight) P.E. tubing from mcmaster-carr for the rollers. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...adjusters.html
    unistrut,springnuts,bolts from there also.

+ Reply to Thread