Year of a MAX ATV...???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Year of a MAX ATV...???

Year of a MAX ATV...???

Hi Everyone.. Did an introduction a few minutes ago... Am curious if there is any means to tell the approx age of a MAX ATV... I was given one by the local BSA Council, who didn't understand this one very well. Has a 20hp Kohler engine.. round headlights. Have no paperwork or anything on it. Have cleaned it up inside and emptied the gas tank of rain water (Gas cap was broken and leaked).. Have much to do, but think she will restore ok.. Looking forward to the first drive with it... duane (NM Sandrail)
    Attached Images

locate the serial # on the machine, and call recreative industries 1-800-255-2511. they can tell you the year, and where it was originally sold.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks, Racerone3... Where did they place the serial # on those ATVs.. on a tag or just stamped?? Spent a year in North Carolina at Goldsboro in the AF.. Beautiful state!...duane
    PS>. Was out in Statesville, in 2000, photographing locomotives, while in NC, going to school at Triangle Park for EMC Corp.
    Last edited by NM Sandrail; 12-18-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Misspelled word

Duane, the serial number should be stamped into the metal plate that is riveted to the body. Typically it is located either on the dash or on the inside side of the tub depending on what year it is.

Mike... Thanks!. It is covered up and tied down with a tarp outside... Will uncover next week and get the SN.. It snowed here yesterday.. THANKS!...duane

Hi Mike..
    Uncovered the ATV this morning and found a tag with s/n on the center of the dash.. Says MAX-IV and s/n 13911.. Will call in soon to manufacturer and see year and any info that they have on file.. THANK YOU ALL...duane ( NM Sandrail)

Duane, I just recently embarrassed myself by misleading someone on serial numbers and the year they correspond to, but in this thread http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...x-ii-help.html mudd's serial number is 13672 and racerone3's serial number is 14035. Both of theirs are a 1997 so that will also make yours a 1997 model. The serial numbers are sequential.

Hey Mike..
    I sure thank you... I didn't think this one was too old... Body is really flawless... Seats are original and need some cleaning, but not torn up.. Not too bad for freebies... Anyway... THANK YOU... Set up my Avatar to the New Mexico BSA plate that the state came out for us Scouters down here for the 100th Annivesary.. I have on on my old Mazda that I use for Scouting... Take care, duane

Hey again, Mike... I really should have done a search on my question, as it has been asked before by others.. Might be good, if over time, someone could make up a "sticky" as to all the serial numbers to what model, where a dumb newbie, like me, could go to for at least a close answer.... Thanks, duane

+ Reply to Thread