throttle lever

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: throttle lever

throttle lever

I have an early 70's max II. I have installed a 16 hp vanguard. Ive seen pics of hand throttles, mine dosent have one. Is it possible to install a go-kart style gas pedal or should i just try to find a hand throttle to put on the stick? Does anyone know how long a throttle cable I will need, and where can i get one? any help is greatly appreciated.

Stick with a hand throttle. A pedal will act more like an on/off switch since it will be hard to feather if you are bouncing around. You can order a hand throttle from your local max dealer or direct from the manufacturer. Also, there are a couple of threads on the site with people making their own. I think racerone3 posted a few times about the ones he made. You can try searching under his name.

Thanks Mike, I was wondering about making a hand throttle. I am a welder/machinist, my wife calls me cheap cause i make alot of things instead of buying them. I get alot of satisfaction out of it, besides i dont put much faith in plastic when it would be cool to have a stainless steel one. lol

I used an aluminum mountain bike brake lever that I happened to have lying about. For a cable, I bought Teflon-lined bicycle brake cable housing on a 50' roll, cut it to length with a Dremel, and used a tandem bicycle rear brake cable core.

Thats kinda what i was thinking, i have plenty of brake and clutch handles around the shop. i was wondering if a gokart cable could be used. i put the vanguard in tonight but have some brackets to weld as soon as i figure out the distance between the clutches so i can fine tune it. is there a formula to figure this measurement?

I have a throttle assembly for sale if your interested. The previous owner of my wife's machine replaced it right before we bought the machine, and I switched it out to a mountain bike lever. It came from a Max II with an 18 Vanguard. $40+ 12.95 to ship in a meduim flat rate box. Handle, lever, cable (non-heated)
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

racerone3, ill take that deal, i sent you a private message. Im to the point that , thats all i need to roll it out of the garage if i have the throttle and im ready lol

It's boxed up and ready to go. I'll send it your way when the M.O. gets here
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread