Max II Wheel stud

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II Wheel stud

Max II Wheel stud

Alright guys so My 2003 Mqx II (5 stud wheels) is used for plowing snow through the winter. While re-mounting my wheels during the mounting of the snowblade this past winder I snapped a stud (Damn impact....) So today While removing the snowblade mounts I remembered I had done this and figured I had better sort it out. I used a punch to pop out the current stud (First thing that ever removed easy) and went on down to Autozone. First thing they asked me was what was it off of Well needless to say they could not cross reference. So I had them go through the drawers and they could not find a match. Where would I get one of these? Tractor supply? Or is it specialty and I am going to have to order from route 6x6 or something?

Thanks in advance!!
    HS

i actually bumped into the same problem at the parts store here, no part number no part , but i figured tire shops would run into this issue too ,so i tried a couple and sure enough they had the one i needed tucked into a drawer, try the tire stores
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

NAPA was able to get some for me. I believe they are 7/16-20 studs but the tricky part was finding some with such a shallow knurl. I believe it was 5/16" but put some calipers on it to make sure.

When I needed some longer studs for my Max II because I decided to run spacers for 25" tires, I actually went up to the more common 1/2" studs and was able to find some (again at NAPA) that had the shallow knurl and even the same diameter knurl so that I didn't have to drill the hub out any. That may be another option for you.

Napa

A buddy of mine mentioned Napa as they often have more selection. I will likely try there after work today. If I do find one I will post up a part # so it someone searching the frums later can easily reference it. Probably would have never broke had I did it all by hand but 6 wheel at 5 lugs each gets old real fast .

Yeah, please do post the part number. I thought I posted it a while back but I did not. I still have the box for the 1/2" wheel studs that I went up to. Here is a link to that one (part number 641-3101): https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...101_0299807734

The one you want will have the same knurl diameter (0.558") and shoulder length (5/16"), it will just be a 7/16"x20 instead of a 1/2"x20

I found what I needed I think (Will try it this weekend) Dorman Part# 610-041
    1964-1967 Chevrolet Suburban Wheel Stud - Dorman 610-041 - Front

Looks right, I paid about $1.50 a piece locally.

Mike,
    Where did u find your spacers for your 25" tires, I am upgrading to 25x12-9 GDC Dirt Devils and I wanted to make sure I had the room for them without having to use heat.

Quote Originally Posted by CBass View Post
    Mike,
    Where did u find your spacers for your 25" tires, I am upgrading to 25x12-9 GDC Dirt Devils and I wanted to make sure I had the room for them without having to use heat.
    I got them off of ebay. I think the ones I used were for a Ford Mustang. Your max will be a 5x4.5" lug pattern which is fairly common but what you have to be careful about is the stud size. Most wheel spacers that I have found only have 1/2" studs while our machines use 7/16" studs. If you go with those, you will also have to buy 30 new studs and 30 new lug nuts which start adding up quickly. Here is a link to a current ebay auction of some spacers that would work but have 1/2" studs: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wheel...item4147f6e35a

Or you could search for others: wheel spacers 5x4.5 | eBay

Mike,
    Thanks for the tip about the spacers, I was able get all 6 spacers for $166 including shipping and handling, and I was able to avoide changing out studs by just getting 7/16x20 thread 3/4in nuts for $33 via NAPA. The spacers gave me just enough clearance from the external exhaust and sidewalls, I took a heatgun ($8 via Walmart) to form the clearance for front 4 axles.

+ Reply to Thread