What is a GOOD Winch to purchase for use on a MAX II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is a GOOD Winch to purchase for use on a MAX II

What is a GOOD Winch to purchase for use on a MAX II

I have a Superwinch T1500 on my Max II which recently stopped working, it will go only one direction. I tryed opening up the solenoid testing the wores reversing them etc..
    I have a feeling there was a different issue involved because this winch broke the 1st time i tryed to use it. ,I was stuck in the snow & tryed to pull the MAX out of the snow (while hitting the switch next to the MAX i was not in the MAX so that the weight would be less).. The winch strained & failed to pull the MAX beyond a few feet & just stopped.. The Winch has had to have been "tired" & this was the last straw i feel..

What im looking for is a winch where i will not have to upgrade the gauge of wiring (which is standard for a MAX winch i believe).. I am looking for a little overkill in regards to power, a winch that can pull a MAX out of deep mud with me sitting in it! (im 220lbs). A remote control feature would also be a plus!!..

Let the suggestions fly! what do 6x6'ers suggest for a Winch replacement & where can i get one??

THANKS!!

The Max II comes now from the factory with a Warn 2500 lb pull and my '03 came with a 2000 lb.
    Mine has always got me out but a 2500 lb one would be better. Max has for a long time used Warn and Argo I believe has switched from Superwinch to Warn.It's hard to beat a Warn but they are a bit pricy.

The bigger the winch, the faster it will suck your battery dry. Even when not under load larger winches draw more. MaxII's have a tiny battery from the factory, you might consider putting in a larger one.

I have installed several Viper Elite winch kits on various ATVs and my Max IV. Their winches are totally waterproof, come with a complete kit including a winch cover and cabling, and include a wireless remote control (as well as a hard wired switch) and synthetic cable. They also use the same bolt pattern as a Warn Winch so they are generally interchangeable. I originally found them on an Ebay store but I believe that Moto Alliance has their own site as well. A very good product overall. I do believe they have three different versions with the Elite being their top of the line kit.

https://motoalliance.com/Site.do

I have both a viper 3000lb and a warn rt25. I like the warn a lot better, it's smaller, seems stronger, adn is much more waterproof. the viper got clogged up with mud and I had to rebuild it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I look at those winches but boy are they pricey!
    Im looking to spend like $200 tops, & prob have to order online casue no stores stock these things by me..

What do you think about this one: Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Any input? it looks decent

I have a Champion 2000lb ATV Winch on my Hustler 950, Raceone3 uses the same winch on his machines. I got pulled out allot this past April Busco and I used it to pull out a few other machines too. All hooked winch to winch and no problems getting unstuck. For under $100, you cannot go wrong.Champion Power Equipment - C20051 You should be able to find these just about anywhere.. Auto Zone, Pepboys, O'Rieley, Tractor Supply, EBay, and the list goes on and on.. Amazon too.. Amazon.com: Champion ATV Winch: Home Improvement

+ Reply to Thread