Hydraulic brakes on a Max

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hydraulic brakes on a Max

Hydraulic brakes on a Max

Who here has installed hydraulic brakes on their Max? What parts did you use? Where did you get them? I would like to put hydraulic brake calipers on my Max Buffalo's discs, and install a hand control on the left lateral. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you will use the search, there have been a couple of posts about this topic that should help. Here is one of jerseybigfoot's conversion: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...v-project.html

Thank you. Awesomepossum66 private messaged me with some more detailed info. BIG help.

I just had a repressed memory flash up. Thanks.

How about sharing the information?
    Quote Originally Posted by greg pinson View Post
    Thank you. Awesomepossum66 private messaged me with some more detailed info. BIG help.

Jari came up one day with a set of disc brakes. "Put em in" he said. Mechanicals.
    Much noise in the shop.
    "Can't, not enough leverage on the regular lever. You want discs? Need hydraulics."
    "What about parking brake?"
    "Chain or sprocket lockup gearing."
    "I have a headache."
    "Me too."

+ Reply to Thread