Max II bilge pump(s) Q

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II bilge pump(s) Q

Max II bilge pump(s) Q

I've been playing in some of the backwater from the Great Mississippi River Flood of 2011. My Max isn't real water tight & it sits low in front in the water. Sunday afternoon I went thru a fairly good trip & almost didn't get back. One of my drain plugs came out so that was the big problem, but the belt got wet. I have a bilge pump in back & as I said, mine sits front low in the water, so taking on water it goes to the front adding to the problem. This afternoon I went back out to check on things & in order for the bilge pump in back to work, I have to stop & lean on the rear cargo rack rail, shifting the weight & it'll work great, but I shouldn't have to do that. Should I get another bilge pump to install in the front or add some ballast to the rear? My thought is add a pump, but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks.

You might get a better response in the Max forum.

I think that you answered your own question, though. Put the bilge pump in the lowest spot you can, which sounds like the front on your machine. Outside of pushing snow, I can't think of a good reason to add weight to your Max.

I agree with bud, I wouldnt add weight or ballast. I would add another pump, even if its in the back. Im just thinking the pump you have should be lower then your belt already. So the issue would have been the same with the a pump in the front because it obviously was not keeping up with the water intake. So the location wouldnt have been an issue. Adding another even in the back would of helped. Front would be ideal but you might have a problem finding a spot in the front?

I would also look into getting your leaks fixed too, when you have the time/money to do so.
    Last edited by LarryW; 05-10-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Interesting, the Max2 has a rear weight bias. I put a big heavy rack on the front of mine to make the machine more balanced. It works really well and gives a good place for a beverage cooler.

+ Reply to Thread