Small block chevy powered maxx 4

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Small block chevy powered maxx 4

If you put two smaller engines in you could just use engine speed to steer.

Isn't that the way the first AATVs were operated??
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by demo61x View Post
    BEEN THINKING ON BUILDING A 600HP FREAK, DONT NEED TO FLOAT, JUST DRIVE AROUND CAR SHOWS AND MAJOR EVENTS. HAS THIS BEEN DONE OR WILL I BE BREAKING NEW GROUND.
    600HP in a 6x6 is quite extreme. And the other members made their (Good) points as to how it will instantaniousely destroy various components of your maxx, not to mention pocketbook for repairs. But in your idea of just useing it for car shows and events, I think you may have a great concept if presented the right way. Here's my take; Being that you basically want to put a rocket engine on a toothbrush, it sparked the idea of the old "RAT-FINK" bubblegum trading cards from the 70's. (KInda like the monster truck of 6x6's) Go super a** wild and really exploit the engine, exhaust, wheels, etc. You would have a show stopper! Have that SBC sticking way on top of the chassis for everyone to see with alot of chrome and NOISE (You know what I mean?) for all to awe at. If you aren't familiar with rat fink, google it and you will get educated. And I'm sure alot of the other members are familiar and are willing to help you out. I'm already excited to see what you end up with if you decide to do this. And by the way, "YES you will be breaking new ground!!! You could even start a trend like the monster trucks did!
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

"RAT- FINK" your right on cue. My machinist buddy said the same thing, and to make the steering sticks longer.we figure if i clutch it correctly at the factory rpm range, that it would work as long as I dont try to run it like a drag car. between 1000 and 4000 rpm it should be fine as long as your easy on the throttle. some of these guys have 3 and 4 cylinder snowmobile engines in them and they put out lots of torch too. not looking to mud it or race it just move around under its own power.

Love the pipes! Got RatFink written all over it. I'm all in with you on this. Now get to work! LOL
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

Now you made me jealous.... That is a beautiful engine!! What's on the inside? What kind of ignition does it have? Where did you get those headers? They look exactly like the headers on our stationary 350's that we use to turn wells.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

i agree with "thebuggyman1", a four cylinder is a lot smaller, not to mention lighter, if you get the turbocharged ecotec motor chevy put in the cobalt ss, hhr ss, and saturn ion redline they have 280 hp stock, you could also use an srt-4 motor, the hard part would just figuring out what transmission is possible to use

+ Reply to Thread