How do you install tracs on the Max II?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you install tracs on the Max II?

Cool How do you install tracs on the Max II?

I just got my 6x6 Max II and the tracs but Im not sure how to put them on Can anyone help? Thanks

which tracks do you have. I know the plastic argo tracks have an allen screw or 2 holding the conecting rods in place. You just take out a rod, drive on, and reinstall it. Boom your good to go. The only catch is I believe you must have the wheel extensions installed on a max for them to fit.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

The one I have is an 89 Max II It came with the tracks What Im needing to know is what tire pressure am I suppose to have? And do I have to remove the front drive chains? I do have the extentions Thanks

Do you have the factory rubber tracks that do not come apart? If so you should have 5 inch extensions and bearing cages and a support rail for each side.If this is what you have then when I know I can provide instructions on the track install.

The tracks I have are rubber with metal blades on the outside of the rubber and metel grabbers on the inside on to the tires And no they don't come apart. And I have extensions that are 3 inch out ward and I dont have any rails to it. Im not sure about these they came with the Max II 89 model, I bought from an individeral Any help would be appreaciated Thanks

Post a picture. I'm sure someone here will recognize them. I'm thinking they have to have a disconnect somewhere.

If the tracks are permanently connected then to install you have to remove the middle wheel,take the valve stem out of all tires and using a shop vac,suck all the air out of the tires until they completely collapse as far as possible,re-install valve stem before the tires re-inflate from atmospheric pressure.Hook the track on one wheel(front or back) then walk it onto the other similar to putting a v-belt on when the track guides are on both front and back tires re-install middle wheel,then inflate tires to 3 psi(no more!)Remove front drive chains allowing one of the three axles to act as an "idler" to compensate for tires of even slightly different diameters or those distorting shape when running over an obstacle. Hope this helps.

Thanks I really appreaciate it That works ! Now on the max II the front drive chains are called final drive chains from the middle axle to the front, right? I am just wanting to make sure because I'm new at this and don't want to mess anything up

I would call the final drive from the transmission to the middle axles,then there are "front" chains and "rear" chains,remove the front chain on each side,leave the rear most chains on and of course leave the chains on from the transmission to the middle axle or LOL your machine will never wear out!

Sorry.the transmission chains go to the jackshaft then from the jackshaft to the middle axle.You'll be needing both of those on each side as well as the rear chains.

+ Reply to Thread