Max II - when it s produced?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II - when it s produced?

Max II - when it s produced?

I purchased a Max II recently.
    It has VIN# 16078 and seller said, it might be 1987, can anybody identify this rig?
    And where I could find from intrenet a repair manual?
    Uses a B&S Vanguard engine with manual start also taken to rear vent.
    Probably the fuel pump is dead, I could get a new one from B&S store?

Please do not laugh on rookie, thanks.
    PS What is cheapest place to purchase new tyres? What tyres are best - has now worn out 21x11-8 Rawhides. Can I put a little bigger tyres?

Call recreatives and give them the serial number and they will tell you the year. 1-800-255-2511. As for tires if you go in the forum for Tires it should be a big help for hour tire needs and questions. Im still a rookie too but the Forum is the best place to find answers to your question. It was a great help for me.

Congradulations on your purchase. My guess is you have around a 97/98/99 model year. I think mine is a 92 with the serial # in the 10-11k range. Round headlights means its more like a 97, square ones, more like 98 or 99. R.I. can tell you the exact year.
    Your engine should have electric start unless it was replaced. Maybe the starter or solenoid is bad. Fuel pumps do go bad but I wouldnt jump right into replacing it till you are sure. Not starting could be lots of different things especially if you are pull starting it. A clogged filter comes to my mind.
    If you post your location maybe a local member will volunteer to help out.
    Tires are a very complex issue, if your old ones hold air I wouldn't jump right into replacing them. Even worn out tread will get you through most places, and no amount of tread will get you through everywhere. A winch can be very helpful. Besides, tires are expensive, so make sure you are getting what you want or you'll be buying them twice.
    Here is post where Mike put 25" tires on his maxII http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...es-max-ii.html

you have a 99, my 99 has a 16000 number. square head lights came out in 2000

Quote Originally Posted by egoperf View Post
    you have a 99, my 99 has a 16000 number. square head lights came out in 2000
    I thought the square ones started in 98, except for the 14hp model which lagged behind a few years?????

+ Reply to Thread