plugs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: plugs

plugs

i am new to this. is there a aftermarkt plugs for the body
    Last edited by Mike; 08-25-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: moved to the correct forum

Plugs for where? The drain plugs at the back of the machine? if so,you can probably fine drain plugs for boats at a local hardwear store.
    "Ooo, neckties.....contracts.....HIGH VOLTAGE!!"

freeze plugs work in a lot of applications. screw type kayak, or jet ski plugs are also a good option... depends a lot on the type of machine your working on
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What 6x6 do you have?

I use caplugs Caplug - Assortment because they are CHEAP!

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    I use caplugs Caplug - Assortment because they are CHEAP!
    ya know, this may be a good idea..i keep buying them damn bait well plugs at trader horn, ya know...them kinda that got the little tab you flip over and they release..well lemme tell ya..those nifty little plugs get caught on EVERYTHING! ive lost 4 already..lol, and i refuse to buy more so i just aint had it swimming in a week or so.. (not to mention currently down due to gasket failure..) but ya..capplugs might be the answer!! cheap, easy, etc etc! hell, i bet a dab of glue would keep em in rather nicely! lol
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

i have a max iv

Quote Originally Posted by buffordb View Post
    i have a max iv
    In that case, like thebuggyman1 said, it's hard to beat caplugs. That's the factory plugs and they fit so well that they are often hard to remove without damaging them (which is fine because, like thebuggyman1 said, they are cheap). If your drain holes are messed up or elongated, you can drill them out to the next size caplug. That's what I did on my Max II and it works great. If you will use the search, there are several threads on them along with a part number and links to where you can buy them. Here is one to get you started: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...lugs-stay.html

I use the same factory caplugs. I also carry a pair of pliers in my storage tote which I attached to the back of the machine.

I also thought about getting something like these:

McMaster-Carr

I'd have to measure the hole to find out which one would fit though.

I have enough of the caplugs to last me for a while anyways.

Mine look just like the pic. I believe them to be std. issue from Argo. I install them from the inside out.They're a little more work to access but no worries about them catching on something and accidently releasing.Also, if they do fall "out" they would still be in the machine,available for re-use.

Joe.

+ Reply to Thread