durability of max iv

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: durability of max iv

durability of max iv

i have a really nice max iv w/ a vanguard 18hp. i live in a area where there is some nice 6x6 terrian and then there is some very very agressive mountain terrian in the water run off areas (raviens). of course i like to take the more agressive area for the challange and i believe it should do it. when it gets too hairy it makes a grrr noise around the left rear. it will also do it sometimes from a stand still trying to turn a 90 deg. left hand turn. only have had it out once to see just what it would do before having cervical surgery. haven't been able to look at it to see what is wrong yet. all in all it runs great. does anyone have any thoughts on this?

The first thing that comes to mind is that you are hearing the normal band chatter that comes from the transmission when it is not completely engaged. For most of the riding we do, the springs will hold the laterals forward enough to keep the transmission engaged but when you put it under a greater load, you have to push forward hard on the laterals to keep the T20 engaged. Next time it happens, try pushing hard on the laterals and see if it goes away.

i will give that a try. thanks

+ Reply to Thread