Could I get some Max tire /rim selection suggestions ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Could I get some Max tire /rim selection suggestions ?

Could I get some Max tire /rim selection suggestions ?

Hello everyone , I hope you are doing well .
    Last year I purchased a 1972'ish Max basket case and dug right into it. This is my first 6x6 so its been an uphill battle . I fought with the Rockwell for a time before I replaced it with a Yamaha 540 sled motor. Needless to say my rotten old school floatation tires did not tolerate the initial motor transplant tests (sitting on a 5ft - 2x6 board , top half of machine off,started with 5 tires-ended with 3, spooky ride,but a blast). The yamaha power plant cares not if the tires are flat or shredded , but I now need to replace them. I will need to retofit the ends and buy some rims and tires.

I now am looking for advice on muti-purpose replacement tires and rims . I will also need any info/suggestions on hub retro-fitting. Possible sources would be most helpful.
    This is not a high budget project just yet, so I'm looking on the lower cost side of things but don't want to regret my choices either. The originals are approx 20in in diameter. Thanks in advance for the help.

Your simplest/cheapest route is adapter plates. The dimensions can be found right here on the home page in the manuals section. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...e-adapter.html (4 lug is also there). Golf cart rims have no bead lock ridge, but can be bought for around $15 each. Without the beadlock you will have to run 5+ psi (real rough ride) or glue the tire to the rim and run 2-3psi. Here's an old thread on the glue http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...servicing.html I use the bead lock rims and glue them anyway.
    As for tires I'd suggest carlisle at-101s Carlisle Tire & Wheel Company You probably have #40 chain and you don't want to get too aggressive tread. I bought a set of 21x11-8's for $45/tire, but that was nearly 2 years ago.

Edit: or you could just find some baloon tires http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/rvs/2584005050.html
    Last edited by thebuggyman1; 09-10-2011 at 09:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread