1998 Max II value

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1998 Max II value

1998 Max II value

I found a '98 Max II with a 14 HP engine that a guy wants to trade for a good golf cart (?????). I just happen to have a '96 electric golf cart, but it needs a few batteries and some new cables. My question is what would the cash value of this Max be? Seller is asking $2500. He said it doesn't have an hour meter, but his best guess is 300-500 hours. He said it has been well maintained, regular oil changes, changed t-20 fluid every other year (with ATF and Lucas additive, not gear oil...) , says the machine was only used during duck season. It has a 2000lb wench (buggyman), and a brush guard.

1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    It has a 2000lb wench (buggyman), and a brush guard.
    If you can pick it up for $10,000 out of pocket you should
    I'd say it would be worth the $2500 if you threw a new carb on (bump the HP) put all new bearings (bushings too) and chains (I'd bet $ they are well worn), inspect all the sprockets and test drive it so you can be sure it doesn't need bands relined.
    $2500 is kindof hi end for one of these. I've got 2 with all the above done and I'd sell either one for that much $$ BTW hour meters are cheap......buy one!

The guy says he'll take my golf cart with new batteries (worth $1300), and $700 cash. Problem is, I probably won't be able to come up with $700 cash...... (nor do I want to spend that much...)
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Offer him an even trade and play the waiting game...........and wait.......and wait
    $1k would be a bargain on it. $1500 maybe. $2k is more than I'd pay. Some one might pay the $2500, but I doubt it. He may just take you up on the trade after a while of no other offers.

Even as in my cart for his Max? He thinks that the cart isn't worth the same as the Max, and he's probably right... I would probably be OK with my cart with new batteries plus maybe $200.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Whatever you are happy with.
    BTW have you driven it? I can be way too much of a perfectionist, but reaching behind for the choke would suck. Maybe you don't need the choke that far south. lol

I go with the cart, new batteries, and up to $400. Go to Sams or Costco for the batteries. Start with $200 cash, let him stew it over a few days, then either offer up the other $200 or walk away. Either way its no big deal. And yes, check out the sprockets, chains, bearings, and drivability. Just because it looks good, doesn't mean that there arent problems (he may not know about them). I saw a Max 2 at a flea market in 2007, it was a 2000 model, base like this one, for $1000, which seemed like a sweet deal, until I raised the body and looked at the mess underneath, everything was either rusted or busted, I walked away from that one.

I haven't been to look at it yet, it's a little over a 2 hour drive from me. Maybe this weekend I can go have look. I need to get the batteries on my cart so I'll have it ready to trade...

As far as having the choke mounted behind the seat, I'm not to worried about it. I could probably dig around a find one the right lenght if I wanted too. (one of the many advantages to living on a farm...good selection of random spare parts!) It's usually warm enough down here that I only need the choke to start stuff the first start of the day anyway and that's only mid Oct to mid March... I don't remember ever seeing temps down here below 10 degrees and that's only late Jan-Feb; winter is usually 35-45 degrees for the most part. (always a few degrees too warm to snow, so we get cold slushy mess...)
    1974 Honda ATC 70

+ Reply to Thread