Max low gear

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max low gear

Max low gear

Hi guys
    I currently have an Argo which my dad currently uses. I am keen to get a second aatv and am thinking of trying a max. Can you max guys answer a few questions for me please. How do the max atvs go with no low gear? Can you still crawl over obstacles and up really steep hills? Are there any clear advantages of the max?

Thanks

Like a lot of people on 6x6world, I had both machines. Both will go anywhere, both will crawl over obstacle and up really steep hills in high gear if the drive belts are good.

Some people like the Argo better and some like the Max.

I love my Max IV just because of the way the T-20 transmission work and the fact it's a smaller 6x6 with the rear seat facing forward. (better for the kids and wife)

I mostly use the Max IV during winter with tracks and surrounded by argos. Both will do the job.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

The T-20 was the major reason I went with the Max IV. I regularly tow roughly 800 lbs of gear with no problems. I like the rear engine design as it seems to work better when in the water.
    Kinda like the Ford vs Chevy people, some like Argo, others like Max.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Kinda like the Ford vs Chevy people, some like Argo, others like Max.
    I'm the Ford guy in ChevyLand. no other Max 100 miles around me. Not much more than 10 of them in my province
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

I know what you mean Smog. In my area, most people have never seen a Max and it draws a crowd when I am fishing on the lake. Last week I was heading to the boat launch and a guy fishing off the side of the ramp hollared for me to throw him a line to help me dock it? You should have seen the look on his face when I drove it out of the water and up the ramp. Priceless!

I have 2 argos and a max iv,the max crawls up anything real slow or real fast. Heck I love em both.

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll give a max a try, just need to find one, I have never seen one over here in the flesh or even seen one advertised. I might have to try and get one imported.

+ Reply to Thread