Newbie, Need alittle help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie, Need alittle help

Newbie, Need alittle help

So i found it on craigslist and i traded for it. I got it home today and so far i love it i just don't know anything about it like year and or haha how to operate it i can get it going and man it goes not had it swimming yet but hope to tomarrow. if i post a picture could it be identified? it has a briggs and stratten v twin in it not sure the size the guy said it was a 22.5 but from what ive seen they dont come with that stock. Oh and i think its a max II? from how it looks.
    Attached Images

Nice find! It is a max II. If you find the serial number you can call Recreatives Industries Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 and they can give you the year. I have never heard of anything with a .5hp on it. They may be able to help with that too? Not sure. Im sure some of our members can help with ID the motor.

I will try to find a serial number tommarrow. and yes .5 motors are rare so im thinking he was wrong. but i love it and cant wait to go swimming. ive read through the instruction manuals on here and maybe im wrong or idk but if i read rite does the lever with the throttle on it control both side ie gas it and it goes straight and pull back to turn one way and push forward to turn the other way? and the lever on the right is for a transmission shift?

Your shift lever is located below the seat. Here is a very useful mod; http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...t-shifter.html
    The 2 steering sticks each control the wheels on their respective side. You pull back on the right side stick to brake the right side wheels and turn right. Same with left. Some times people remove or weaken the springs that hold the sticks forward so you may have to hold pressure forward on the sticks to go forward. You should always hold pressure forward on them when climbing hills or other situations that might cause the trans to slip. In reverse, the sticks being forward hold the brake on that side. To move you pull back on the sticks. There is a learning curve to shifting F N R, it can be a little tricky at first. Basicly you rock the machine, feathering the sticks can help too.
    If you post your location other local members may volunteer to help you out....or just get together to ride. Just remember a couple beers = very cheap labor. lol

Ok ill try it out today. And panama city florida is were i live. its alittle beat up but it seems to be simple to work on so ill piddle with it till its going good.

ok after playing on it and looking under the hood lol it appears im missing a shifting rod on the left side, So i improvised a piece a metal but either i didnt get it just rite of my transmission is messed up cause i could not get it to go in reverse on the left side. and another issue i noticed is on the airfliter box thiers a hose coming from i think the crankcase and it seams to be having blow by issue cause its like a oily milky substance blowing up and i think its cause the motor to bog down. (So if anyone can fill me in on a few pointers i would greatly appreciate it). It runs good about 15 minutes then dies down if i choke it it will stay running alittle bit then die and if i let it sit alittle while it firess back up and runs fine oh and when it idles it surges alot it dont idle smoothly is this normal?

+ Reply to Thread