New well used Max IV project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New well used Max IV project

New well used Max IV project

031.jpg041.jpg039.jpg047.jpgSo I made the trip last week to Little rock to pick up this max, get there and man was it rough, got it for $700 instead of the 1250 he was asking. I started working on it last tuesday and have put about 10 hrs a day since. Needs bearings, rear and mid sprockets, chains, idler pulleys, exhaust, seats need wood and vinyl, and some plastic repair. Here are some tear down pics!

063.jpg066.jpg072.jpg100.jpgI removed the frame, sandblasted it, fixed up broken areas, added support for tranny, and fixed up the idler pulley mounting brackets. The guy said one of the belt buckles destroyed the two on the right side. Painted it back up.
    Attached Images

Lookin' good.

Joe.

That looks great. If you keep that kind of momentum going and you will be done before you know it.

Great deal, and that's some really good and fast work! I forgot what you mentioned in your previous post.....what size engine did it come with? For $700 you can't go wrong!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks for the comments, hoping to be rolling in 2 weeks. Making my own sprocket hubs with 1.75 dom .25 wall seamless tubing, bearings and sprockets are in the mail to me now, all the eccentrics were broke so I went with two piece lock collars. just got all linkages done tonight, no play in them at all. All together to get rolling in good shape I will have about $1500 in it. It is the 20hp b&s vanguard. I'm going to need some advice on the plastic repair. I'll post up pics later tonight.

+ Reply to Thread