Is this a good price for a max 2?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this a good price for a max 2?

Is this a good price for a max 2?

I found a max 2 on craigslist today. Sorry I cant put up pics but I did get to see it tonight. I got the guy down to $2000. Its a 1998 Max 2. In very good shape no leaks, 14hp vanguard, okay tires, Windshield, chrome roll bar, full camo canvas cab with zip out windows, winch and seat belts. The only issue is that it needs chains. I drove it and its very nice. He has the title. 2nd owner with all original papers from original sale. It also has heated hand grips. The winch is a warn. Let me know what something like this is worth. Thanks for the input!

So why hasn't the present owner replaced the chains? The problem is, running with worn out/stretched chains will wear out the sprockets, slap the tub or bunch up at a sprocket and put holes in the bottom, or possibly cause other problems. Neglected maintenance is not a good thing. Consider the cost of replacement parts. Check out the buyers guide: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...r-s-guide.html There is little to no difference between that one and one from the 80's (besides the engine).
    In short I'd say $2000 is all it's worth in nice shape depending on how important the options are to you. If you post up your location another local member might volunteer to help you out. Or you might find a member willing to sell one of their well maintained machines.....I need to clear out some room in my garage for a winter project too.
    AATVs For Sale Check out what other members have listed for sale.

To me, the deal sounds ok. that means I wouldn't buy it. I look for great deals. the 14 hp is a little small for the price. if it had the 16 or 18 the deal would be much better. most people like the extra torque. you could swap carbs and make it a 16 I believe, but with that and chain you may as well buy a nicer machine with splinned axles.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

It has been sitting for about 3 years. Since the guy broke the chain it hasnt moved. I can believe that story from him bc it does have a thick layer of dust on it from sitting. I have another max 2 with new chains and an 18hp vanguard. My plan would be to swap engines and chains. This one has a better body than mine and has all the accessories that I was about to invest in. With me having the other max for parts to swap, I think ill go ahead and get it. Ill end up selling the other max after I swap the parts out. Let me know if you have any other input. Thanks

To answer why the guy hasnt replaced the chains.....he has a huge barn full of classic cars and 4wheelers. He said he just never used it since he had 4wheelers. His son is into motocross. As I said before it sat for 3 years. This is the story Im getting from him. He does have some really nice quads although id rather ride the 6x6

If your main concern is the body....seconds can be bought from R.I. pretty cheap.
    If a top has the smallest scratch on it they wont use it. It took 10 min or so of looking to find the scratch on one I bought. The accessories are a whole other story.....
    But I would suggest buying NEW chain. If one snapped it was probably the cheapest crap they could find (tractor supply) and should be put in the recycle bin.

+ Reply to Thread