New Max IV owner saying hello

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Max IV owner saying hello

New Max IV owner saying hello

Just joined forum and have already found all the information i was looking for. I just bought a 96 Max IV with Command 20 Kohler and 26" Terra Grips. It came with the factory plow and winch setup and the roll cage. It had issues when I bought it so the price was good. Got most everything squared away now and ready for some fun. I adjusted the static covernor position and got the motor to idle down good. Sorted out all the wiring issues it had going on, so everything functions like is is supposed too. Changed oil and transmission fluid and adjusted chains. Still need to get a new non leaking gas cap and a headlight trim ring. This forum has been a great resource for all the questions I had about this machine. I am planning to use it to plow this winter and was wondering if anyone can tell me how well I can expect it to push snow. Also have been reading about condensation in heating throttle cable tubing, mine is still almost full of water, and wondering if anyone has yet to find a permanent solution to this issue. Just posting the first time and had a few questions and introducing myself.
    Last edited by triknologist; 10-19-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Welcome! My Max IV does much better pushing snow with the tracks on than without, although even just with the tires alone, it does allot better than a quad. Your biggest problem without tracks will be getting high-centered in deep snow when you try to make your first cut.
    I haven't run into the condensation problem with the heated cable yet. Wonder what the effects of antifreeze in the plastic tubing would be instead of using electric?

+ Reply to Thread