head lights dont work

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: head lights dont work

head lights dont work

Ok guys i went on a hunt and when i went to turn on light ,,,nothing at all ,they have been fine and never had a problem with them ,,so where do i start
    Max IV has a high out put heater,custom cab, windshield wiper,suspension seat,new hydraulic brakes ,cargo rack on the front ,,,and I'm loving every minute of this .

Look at the driver's side headlight from the back (inside the tub) and see if there are two wires still soldered on. Those are bad about breaking off. If they look fine then start testing for voltage at the light and keep going back towards the source through the key until you find where the power is stopping.

It's real easy to assume that you know the basics of how electricity works......In case you don't:
    At one terminal of that headlight you should have +12 volts in reference to the frame (also battery negative or - terminal). At the other headlight terminal you should have 0 volts.
    If you have 12 v at both headlight terminals it means you have lost your ground, or connection to the frame/- battery terminal. If you have 0 v at both you have lost the supply....test it back at the key switch.

where is the ground located at
    Max IV has a high out put heater,custom cab, windshield wiper,suspension seat,new hydraulic brakes ,cargo rack on the front ,,,and I'm loving every minute of this .

+ Reply to Thread