Max Buffalo Truck Rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Max Buffalo Truck Rebuild

Red face Max Buffalo Truck Rebuild NEW Photos 11-14-2011

Max Buffalo Truck Rebuild

10/30/2011

10/31/2011

11/6/2011

11/9/2011

11-14-2011

11-15-2011

11-16-2011

11-18-2011

11-25-2011

11-26-2011

11-29-2011

Last edited by luke_rhodes2001; 11-29-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: new photos

Wow, thanks for the pictures! Nice work so far! Looks like you moving right along! What tires are those? Looks like they might ride a little rough. But very aggressive. Looking forward to the finished Buffalo!

Nice to see a Buffalo restoration!! Usually it's just older machines and the occasional Max II / IV and traditional Argo units. It certainly looks like you mean business and seem to be making tremendous headway! Keep up the great work and post more pics as you progress thru this re-build. Are you planning add-ons to the rig, such as a brush guard & winch or a roll cage, windshield, etc., etc.?? Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Nice to see a Buffalo restoration!! Usually it's just older machines and the occasional Max II / IV and traditional Argo units. It certainly looks like you mean business and seem to be making tremendous headway! Keep up the great work and post more pics as you progress thru this re-build. Are you planning add-ons to the rig, such as a brush guard & winch or a roll cage, windshield, etc., etc.?? Nice job!
    i want to add a winch but it will be the last thing i do
    i am ordering Bearings today or tomorrow so when i get the Bearings i can put the axles and tires back on and ill post more pics

What kind of tires are those?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    What kind of tires are those?
    Carlisle Tru Power 26x12x12

i got them here http://stopandgotires.com/modelsize....uctCode=523361 for only $620 and i got Free Shipping
    Last edited by luke_rhodes2001; 10-30-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Does the Alternator you got in there run off the trans? or what? cuz i see it WAY over by trans, and was just curious. i like the idea though!

-WagZ-
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
    Does the Alternator you got in there run off the trans? or what? cuz i see it WAY over by trans, and was just curious. i like the idea though!

-WagZ-
    yes

A thought to replace the skunky-looking wood rails... the engineered decking "lumber" made out of recycled plastic! The stuff would never rot, is mold & mildew-resistant and always stays looking good. A single band LED lightbar would add lots of illumination with minimum draw on the charging system, not to mention be almost completely water & shock proof. Keep up the great work!!! I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Nice rebuild. Don't see many of these. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

+ Reply to Thread