NEW style throttle

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW style throttle

NEW style throttle

Called R.A. today looking for a new throttle cable and was told my 95 max 2 has and old style throttle assembly and the new cables will only fit in the new throttle assy. What makes it so different / better? Are there cables yet avail somewhere for the "old Style" I still have or do I need to spring for another $70 to buy the new assembly.

If anyone can lead me to a clear pic of the new style I'd appreciate it. I'm also kicking around the idea of using a tandem bike cable with a short BMX style lever. Any thoughts?

i went with a bmx style brake lever and this gives you more throttle

The new style lever has an aluminum base instead of the plastic on the old style. The plastic bases tend to crack and then slide all over the place.
    What makes the cables incompatable is the way they hook to the base. The new levers/cables work very well, but are over priced.
    A little while back there was an old style cable/lever on Ebay, if I remember right it sold for $40+. More than I wanted to pay. lol
    You could buy a generic cable Throttle Cables | MFG Supply but you would have to adapt it to the R.I. lever somehow.
    or buy the generic lever to match the generic cable Twist Grips & Hand Lever Controls | MFG Supply
    Let us know what you use.....save the next guy (me ) a little time and effort in the research.

Quote Originally Posted by TalSet View Post
    i went with a bmx style brake lever and this gives you more throttle
    I too,per racerone3's suggestion, used a BMX lever and rear brake cable for a tandem mountain bike.
    2 levers about $15,cool neon green housing about $10,inner cable(108" i think) about $10,all free shipping on ebay.

Joe.

+ Reply to Thread