Buffalo truck question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buffalo truck question

Question Buffalo truck question

Can anyone comment on the swimming ability of Max's Buffalo truck?
    I've searched all over and can only find video and/or comment on their overland or snow ability-- nothing on water ability, not even on RI's website.
    Thought maybe someone who has one must have at some time put 'er in the water.

thanx,

leoniru

I've been to a few of the jamboree rides in Humphrey, NY that had reps from both RI (Max) & ODG (Argo). In the obstacle course race event, a Buffalo truck, piloted by the head of RI won every time. It was a stock unit with the 26" terra-grip tires. Faster than the smaller, lighter Max II or a Max IV and any of the Argo machines. Now before you Argonauts get your knickers in a bind and start to flame me, the last Jamboree I went to was 10 years ago or more, so improvements have undoubtedly been made; I have not seen how the new Argo tires swim, although I understand they are a great improvement.

Recreatives Industries used to sell a promo vid (VHS days) that did feature footage of the Buff Truck swimming. (I believe someone had - at one time - posted it up on YouTube?)

Anyhow, that's all I know. FWIW... YMMV

Thanx D.H........I think I'll shoot R.I. a line and see if they can send me a link or video footage of one swimming. I've already checked-out Youtubes offerings and didn't see any swimming action.

leoniru

it swims ok not the fastest ill post a video when i get time in a few days
    Last edited by luke_rhodes2001; 12-03-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Thanx Luke, I'll watch for it.

I have a Buffalo truck with 26" Goodyears on it and it swims great. In fact it is for sale. It is a 2001 model I think. It has low hours on it, around 150 or so. 20hp Kohler. Tires show no wear at all. Extremely clean machine.

Greg;
    Where are u at? PM me with the details....... I'm very interested.

leoniru

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    We've had a Buffalo truck for over 4 years now and we think it is a very good machine. They swim as fast as a Max IV with the 26" tyres and are more than capable in the rough stuff. I think the tray is a little bit on the heavy side, but other than that it's brilliant.

Could you also post your location and what you are asking for the Max Buffalo? Several people on the site would be interested, including myself (I currently have a Max IV).

Johney (Durect) Shade

Buff truck swims as good as any MAX IV. Be carefull coming out of deep water as the vents are lower than the IV. My son has driven the Buf where I cant even watch.

+ Reply to Thread