A Thank you and a question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Thank you and a question

A Thank you and a question

First off thanks to shane, I cant remember his screen name, but from taylorville for helping me out. Last sunday i hauled the 6x6 down to his place and he walked me all through it, showed me how to tighten the chains (which needed done) and showed me the ins and outs of what to watch for and how to basically maintain it. Much appreciated thank you again!

Okay now on the a couple questions. Max II with a 14hp, Im soon going to be adding a winch, and maybe some extra lighting, I would like to ditch the dinky lawnmower battery and upgrade to a optima or atleast a deep cycle battery. How do I or can I upgrade the charging system? I started thinking redneck and started to ponder a way to incorporate an altnater, but havent got too far with that idea.

Second question, again on max II, has anyone added a storage area? I was looking at it and wondered if it would be okay to make an access compartment right next to the engine cover. Just put a milk crate down in there or somethin, and use the frame to rest it on. just to hold lubes, chain links, misc tools, and put a lid on it so nothing can bounce out and interfere with the chains. Thoughts?

I've always used lawn mower batteries for my Max2s (have owned several). I always had enough capacity to run the winch, bilge pump, bilge blower, lights, etc. Go with a good quality battery, and you shouldn't have any issues. I've even jump started some other amphibs which had marine batteries. It goes to how you maintain your equipment. I put my machines on a trickle charger when they are stored. The last $30 battery lasted from December 2007, until November 2011, so thats a pretty good return.

There are several solutions for storage, and I think you are on to an acceptable method. Post some photos of your machine when you get a chance.
    Welcome to the amphib world, you should really enjoy the sport.

Don't oversize your battery unless you relocate it.there is only so much room for the t-20 to function properly. Check your linkage. I installed. An alternator i@n my max2. Removed my rewind, turned on a. 11/2" nut(first apply red lock tight. Installed a pully. Alternator must have a flipper switch(prevents over charge). I also installed a switch to shut it off altogether. If I can do it, anyone can.

Nice okay thanks guys. First think I am doing is installing a water tight fuse block so whatever I ad I can easily and neatly wire in. Probably going to mount it under the seat so it's easy to get to and relocate the battery somewhere. I like the idea of adding a pulley, but want to retain the back up pull start. But from what Noel woods said maybe I'll see how it goes. Winch would probably be the only large amp draw, I'm going to order a water cooled bilge pump so hopefully I can get around having a blower

+ Reply to Thread