My excitement for the day..involved a HELICOPTER!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My excitement for the day..involved a HELICOPTER!

My excitement for the day..involved a HELICOPTER!

Someone had a medical emergency at the grocery store near my house, heard the copter land but didn't get video of it landing, got video of it taking off though. It takes off at 2:45, the kids loved it...hell I did too!

Super Swamp Fox currently under construction........

When i was a teenager we would sit at the end of the runway and watch the planes takeoff and land.(like waynes world)
    It was a blast. They closed the road now but those were the days.

Very cool and a treat for the kids. Hope the poor soul that needed it will be OK.

Lewis

Shortly after building his house in the late 70's, my father was sitting at home having breakfast one morning when the silence was shattered by the sound of rotors. 2 huge black military jobs landed in the field in front of his house. He grabbed his dinky little 110 instamtic and snapped off a few pics before they took off. I have those stashed in a box somewhere. Never did figure out what those big black Huey's were doing or why they had to make the unscheduled landing.

as cool as it was to watch the helicopter land so close to my house sadly this morning I found out it was an 18 month old baby, not sure what happened but it must have been serious to have to be flown out
    Super Swamp Fox currently under construction........

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo guy View Post
    When i was a teenager we would sit at the end of the runway and watch the planes takeoff and land.(like waynes world)
    It was a blast. They closed the road now but those were the days.
    Eh, I sorta had a similar experience while in the Army.. I was stationed temporary duty on a Turkish AFB that was home to Coalition Aircraft just after the first gulf war. We lived in tents right beside the runway, down towards the end of it. Every morning.. Six F-15s, 8 British Tornado's and 8 French Jaguars took off at 4am. Nothing like a full afterburner take off to shock you out of a sleeping bag. That got old really fast and lasted the entire 6 months I was there.

I've had them land in my back yard a few times, really does get the kids all excited.

Hope the child was OK.

RD

+ Reply to Thread