Max11 versus max1V

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max11 versus max1V

Max11 versus max1V

I own a max11 with 23hp kohler looking at max1V are the capabilitys of these machines close i do a lot of sand dune and surf fishing .The extra room and Beeing able to carry more people would be handy at times .Is max1V much rougher to ride in also is it much harder to work on and maintain any input would be good as I haven't even seen a max1V in the flesh just photos. it just looks like it might be a pain to work on with the motor mounted high thanks

The MAX IV is easier to access for maintance than theII. The engine cover and floorboards are easy to remove. Any major repairs to the transmission and rear axles require engine removal. The engine and mount are easy to lift out. If you run the 26" tires I suggest a good set of mudflaps. The big tires can sling mud and sand into the rear of the tub onto the main drive chains. I find the ride very similar. With 26" tires at less than 2 psi.the ride is nice.

Thanks for information now I am getting excited that sounds good hard to find max4 over here in Australia may try and import a secound hand one from America

Each machine has its positives and negatives. I think both machines are fine vehicles and you will do well to own either. Here's a suggestion, get one of each.

That is my plan to get one of each I am just looking at witch is best way to get one freighted to Australia thanks

There is an Austrailian max dealer. You may want to check with him. you never know, he may have a good deal on one already there.

Thanks mike that's where I bought my max11 brand new last year great block to deal with but our prices are quite high in Australia to buy for $6-$8000 from America may be a viable option .hey these max6 wheelers are great the only gripe I have is why not put top quality beerings in them out of factory this would save some pain and suffering

+ Reply to Thread