I bought a jeep!!!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I bought a jeep!!!!

I bought a jeep!!!!

Anyone on here into Jeeps? I had a 99 TJ Wrangler about 3 years ago, and traded it for a chevy truck ( Which I loved more than life itself!) But the truck was an 04 with 123K miles on it, and was at the point of either, drive it til the wheels fell off or get rid of it. decided on getting rid of it. I got preapproved through the bank on a loan for maximum of 30 thousand so I (reluctantly) put the truck on craigslist and within 2 days it was gone...my eyes literally watered up as it drove away, I never thought Id let it go, but I did....Next day was awesome, walked into the dealership with 6 thousand worth of 100 dollar bills (equity from the truck) pre-approved and said "this is what I want" ended up getting a new 2012 Wrangler Unlimited, has the new 3.6L V6 (285 HP 260 torque) with a 6 spd manual. Soft top, power windows and power locks....man this thing is awesome! put my first tank of fuel in it and averaged 22 Mpgs! If anyone is considering a Jeep, test drive one, I cant stop talking about this thing! It is so comfortable to drive, and has a smoother ride than my chevy! lift and tires are soon to come! Ordered the hitch for it, but i hurt my back so gotta wait to put it on....looking forward to seein how it pulls the max[IMG][/IMG]

very nice jeep i dont have a eeeep but do own a willys..that 2012 engine ..3.6 is
    so far a good engine except for some drivability issues which you dealer will take care
    of when that moment arrises....HAVE FUN IN YOUR EEEEP..

oh man a willys would be cool! Yea ive been reading on another forum im on, that there was some head issues with these 3.6's....im not too worried about it, its gotta 100 thousand warranty....by that time it'd probably be sold lol

Jeeps are great when they are rented or new.
    I love the look of the new ones. Enjoy it and before you put 100,000 miles on it i suggest you sell it
    and buy an f150 raptor.
    Keep an eye on your front end,brakes and wheel bearings. Id be surprised if they last 100,000 miles and are probably not covered by the warranty.
    I say this from past experiences with one i didnt own.

thats correct about the cyl head..but it was usually the left head..the valve seat was cut crooked
    and caused a misfire..but im sure you wont have that problem with yours, it was the earlier ones..

Yea they said the early 2012's had the problem (july and august manufacturing) Mine was built in November....though im keeping an ear out for the dreaded "tick"....My old TJ's front end held up awesome and i put that thing through hell, so hopefully this one holds up the same way...plus I dont think i'll be putting this one through as much work as I did with the tj lol something about a monthly payment that keeps me on the road hahaha

Be careful with any mods you do.....they could void the warranty also.

I've got a 2000 Cherokee Sport (absolutely love it!) and a 1985 CJ7 that I have had in mothballs for almost a decade while I have scraped and saved to get a polebarn built so i'd have a [plcae to work on it. Can barely move around in my cramped garage. LOL. In the interim 10+ years i've been able to buy most of the stuff needed for a complete frame-off restoration (fibreglass body, engine mods, and odds-n-ends. Just need space and time. Pole barn going up this year... so, we'll see. They are fun, but be warned! You can go broke quickly tinkering and beeing them up... I found out in a hurry that JEEP stands for: Just Empty Every Pocket! LOL

JEEPS!!!!!!!!! Now we're talking!!! I currently have a '79 Cherokee chief s with 360, t18 and twin sticked dana 20. It's on 37" swamper irok bias'. Last was an '86 cj with a mustang 5.0 in it. I love them and we wheel regularly. However mine have been toys only. Never had a newer one. I ride with a buddy who has a '12 with that engine. Crazy strong for it's size and weight. Enjoy it! You're right, they ride so nice, quiet it would be hard for me to be mean to it. They're just a comfortable vehicle and have come a LONG ways since their roots. I'm assuming you've already found GL4x4 and GLFWDA. If not check them out. And GLFWDA is a region based group that will help keep our trails open and you the right to continue riding your jeep or argo where you'd like.

Congrats on your new baby, she sure is red! I've got an 08 silver JK 4 door hardtop and it suits me right down to the ground... Here is a link FYI, JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board they cover all the news and info on JK only. Enjoy...

+ Reply to Thread