How has new Max IVs in stock?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How has new Max IVs in stock?

Who has new Max IVs in stock?

Who is a good Max dealer to work with? I live in Texas and there are no local dealers. How does Max handle warrenty repairs? Looking for a Max IV with big tires and motor!
    Last edited by smithder; 12-26-2012 at 07:11 PM.

smithder

The Forum member Wildtexasranger works on Max IV's and Max II's, Argo's,Mudd-Ox, and Swamp Fox. He lives in Neches, Tx, just outside of Jacksonville,Tx. If you're just a little handy with wrenches then you can do your own work on a Max IV. I have a 25 HP Kolier in my Max. I think the biggest engine that Recreatives offers in a Max IV is a 27 hp water cooler Kawaski.

Look at the picttures on this web link and you can see how accessable a Max IV is.

http://www.maxatvs.com/index.php?src...ry=Guided Tour

This Max is for my father-in-law. I have a 2004 Max IV with the 18HP Briggs and 26" tires. At times I wish it had more power. I like the fact that the 29HP Kawi is fuel injected. Can anyone tell me if they would recommend this motor?

We will prob order a new one from Max, but would take a left over 2012 if we could get a deal. I wonder how long it takes to get one when ordered new?

Quote Originally Posted by smithder View Post
    This Max is for my father-in-law. I have a 2004 Max IV with the 18HP Briggs and 26" tires. At times I wish it had more power. I like the fact that the 29HP Kawi is fuel injected. Can anyone tell me if they would recommend this motor?
    The 29HP Kawasaki gives you all the power that you could ever need. MaxIVMark, AmphibiousDrew, and myself were in Mark's 29HP Kawasawki powered Max IV with Adair tracks going up and down some steep hills in about a foot and a half of fresh powder and it did great. You can see the footage in the Meadville, PA ride thread.

We will prob order a new one from Max, but would take a left over 2012 if we could get a deal. I wonder how long it takes to get one when ordered new?
    The folks at the factory are great and they might even have a unit in stock already sitting in the racks. Give them a call......you'll speak to Paula or Galen about it. They're really great people to deal with and I've been doing business directly with Recreatives for a while. They're a great group and they'll treat you extremely well. Their number is Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have the 29HP Kawasaki and I like it. Everyone that has driven other MAX IV machines comment on how much power it has compaired to theirs. I was at the factory a few days ago and they had quite a few 29 Hp machines built, I think most of them were all ready committed though. But, Give them a call.
    these two threads with videos are of my Max IV with the Kawasaki engine.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...dville-pa.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...island-ny.html

My machine also has the Adair tracks which are impressive in the mud and actually still swims. I would suggest you get the Recreatives factory to set the machine up for tracks but not buy their tracks(they are snow tracks, not ideal for mud). The track setup includes extra bearings and cages on each axle, a support rail and wheel spacers. Then contact Tim at Adair argo and look into the Adair tracks with the rubber belts. I have the tracks with the chain and they need more adjustment than I would like, but the rubber belted ones shouldnt have that problem.
    adairargosales - Home

MAX IV Mark

How do the tracks water speed compare to the 26" tires? What size tires do you get if you want to run the tracks?

26" tires will do 4-5mph in water , My Adair tracks do about 1.5 to 2 mph, my rubber factory snow tracks dont move at all once you start floating. I have the 21" tires on mine so i can still use the snow tracks if I want, I think 22" is normal for the MAX IV with Adairs, and I think member kghills has 25" tires on his but had to pull up the body to clear. Here is his thread on them
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...ks-max-iv.html
    MAX IV Mark

kghills also had to have all six ,25" inch tires modified for clearance to install the Adair tracks over the tires and then fit under the bottom tub.

With as much water crossing as we do I think he will stick with the 26" tires. My Max IV does great with them.

+ Reply to Thread