How has new Max IVs in stock?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How has new Max IVs in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    kghills also had to have all six ,25" inch tires modified for clearance to install the Adair tracks over the tires and then fit under the bottom tub.
    Mark was correct. I lifted the body with a support bar to use 25" Rawhide III tires with tracks. No modification to the tires was necessary just the addition of 4" wheel spacers.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

kghills

I thought Tim told me that you had some atv tires in the size that you wanted but you could'nt fit these tires inside of the Adair tracks and then have sufficent clearance to fit these tires and Adair tracks under the lower tub? Did I hear this wrong, or did you later change you mind about that particular tire choice and then decide to run the 25" inch rawhides instead?

Quote Originally Posted by smithder View Post
    With as much water crossing as we do I think he will stick with the 26" tires. My Max IV does great with them.
    The added capability in mud made the tradeoff in water speed something I could easily accept. Its not often I cross more than 50' of water at a time and the tracks climb though the muck on the shoulder of the water without hesitation.

Since you are looking at 26" tires I would look into this machine and save a lot of money, its a 27 kawasaki though, not a 29.
    Better than new with only 13 hours, MAX IV ATV liquid cooled kawasaki 754CC | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    kghills also had to have all six ,25" inch tires modified for clearance to install the Adair tracks over the tires and then fit under the bottom tub.
    Kghills maxIV is running a stock set of 25x12x9 Goodyear rawhide III tires with tracks....he is having a larger 27or 28 inch set of tires shaved down a bit to try to squeeze under his 980 with tracks someday

Just to clarify

Tim

Tim

Thanks for the clearing that up for me. That's where I got confused.

Thought I would update the thread. He contacted Max today and ordered a new Max IV with the fuel injected Kawasaki, 26" tires ,and winch package. Was quoted 3-4 week delivery. Looking forward to having another amphib to ride with. I'm sure I will have motor envy with my 18hp Briggs. Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread