I get no breaks.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I get no breaks.

I get no breaks.

Well as the title says that should sum it up . I pulled my motor today on my max IV because myy left rear axle had sheared in two and I was supposed to be getting the parts tomorrow by ups . After pulling the motor I inspected the right axle to only find that the splines between the sprockets are twisting so I guess the axle is weak and could snap in two like the left side did. So before I get to ride again I will have to replace the right axle and sprocket assy too as well as the bearings. .... I guess I won't get to ride again before I am due to have surgery on jan 16 that is if they even do it . I sure hope so only thing that sux worse than not getting to ride again is having this bag on my stomach. I guess I get no breaks...... Not looking for sympathy but W.T.F Ihave had the worst year of my life . I get deployed right before Christmas last year 2012 and spend my birthday in Afghanistan then I get shot and nearly die only to live and lose my career of 13 years and have to crap in a bag then I have complications with my colostomy and have to be rushed in for emergency surgery then my DAD passes away my Max IV breaks an axle leaving me stranded in a freezing rain storm where I had to be rescued and now that I throw my last bit of extra money to get it fix I find that the other side has to be replaced. Any more problems coming up ! Let's just hope that I make it through my surgery and maybe get to fix my max by spring after I spend 6 weeks healing. I need prayers.

sorry that this has happened to you this year, thank you for you service, may god watch over you and the next few months go great for you, prayers coming your way mudbug,

Thanks locolouie. I really appreciate it ,I know I sound like I'm wearing some pink panties ..lol I was just really disappointed when I realized that the right axle is bad and could do what the left axle did. (Shear in half) I know it's not the end of the world and I have faced tougher things . I just wanted to ride one more time before I go under for the surgery and this was an outlet of other passionate riders to vent my frustration to.

I do hope it all works out well in the end. Prayers coming, going to church tonight.
    Thank you for serving our country. Sorry about your injury. May the Lord bless you
    and yours.

Thank you for all you do for our great country. It's people like you that keep us free so we can pound our max's through the mud. When I had surgery one of my max fleet needed rear chains and sprockets. Kinda gave me a fun project to look forward to when I healed up. It will be a good feeling when your all done. Take care, Tbone
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I'm just getting back into what I love to do, always wanted a 6x6 or 8x8 , finally got one been on a few rides with these guys. great bunch of people. I had a 700 Honda Rincon that I had a wreck on in 2010, really done a job on myself, laid in a coma foe three days in a hospital in Kingsport tenn, broke left leg, all the ribs left side ,punctured left lung, and crushed my right side of my face, broken jaw and nose, and 6 surgeries later I think i'm done, my healing took almost 3 years still a lot of stuff hard to do but get a little better everyday

Quote Originally Posted by locolouie View Post
    I'm just getting back into what I love to do, always wanted a 6x6 or 8x8 , finally got one been on a few rides with these guys. great bunch of people. I had a 700 Honda Rincon that I had a wreck on in 2010, really done a job on myself, laid in a coma foe three days in a hospital in Kingsport tenn, broke left leg, all the ribs left side ,punctured left lung, and crushed my right side of my face, broken jaw and nose, and 6 surgeries later I think i'm done, my healing took almost 3 years still a lot of stuff hard to do but get a little better everyday
    Lets hope a 6x6 treats you better. Enjoy life to the fullest regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennesseemudbug View Post
    Well as the title says that should sum it up . I pulled my motor today on my max IV because myy left rear axle had sheared in two and I was supposed to be getting the parts tomorrow by ups . After pulling the motor I inspected the right axle to only find that the splines between the sprockets are twisting so I guess the axle is weak and could snap in two like the left side did. So before I get to ride again I will have to replace the right axle and sprocket assy too as well as the bearings. .... I guess I won't get to ride again before I am due to have surgery on jan 16 that is if they even do it . I sure hope so only thing that sux worse than not getting to ride again is having this bag on my stomach. I guess I get no breaks...... Not looking for sympathy but W.T.F Ihave had the worst year of my life . I get deployed right before Christmas last year 2012 and spend my birthday in Afghanistan then I get shot and nearly die only to live and lose my career of 13 years and have to crap in a bag then I have complications with my colostomy and have to be rushed in for emergency surgery then my DAD passes away my Max IV breaks an axle leaving me stranded in a freezing rain storm where I had to be rescued and now that I throw my last bit of extra money to get it fix I find that the other side has to be replaced. Any more problems coming up ! Let's just hope that I make it through my surgery and maybe get to fix my max by spring after I spend 6 weeks healing. I need prayers.
    My friend, after all this bad luck there is only one way you can go, and that's back up!

Thank you for your service and may God bless you in the future.
    If your twin rear sprockets are in very good condition they can be turned so the hubs face each other with a spacer and welded together duplicating the dimentions of the new snapring sprockets. Unfortunately I don't find many used doubles that are reusable. While the engine is out you may want to add the front frame ears to the transmission. This brings the frame up to 2008 specs. Hope you have a merry Christmas and 2014 is vastly improved. Get that max running and have some fun.

Hi friends . Thank you for all your feedback words of kindness. I am back in the hospital I got an infection and had to be admitted again. I keep dreaming of being on a trail ride somewhere in my max . Now that I am back in the hospital that dream is looking further away. The doctor has told me that if I can't get past this infection in time for my surgery on the 15th of jan that it will have to wait. I am praying that it happens on the 15th. Maybe by march I can be heald up enough to start fixing the rear axle on my max . Again I can't tell all of you my friends enough how much I appreciate your support and prayers. My fight in Afghanistan was tough. My fight now healing from my injuries is the hardest I have ever endured. God bless you all and wish you a Merry Christmas.

+ Reply to Thread