Red Neck cellular Phone

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red Neck cellular Phone

Red Neck cellular Phone

Does anyone have a cb in their amphib? I'm thinking about putting one in .

I have one in my Max II and I am installing another in my wife's Max IV
    Hold My B..R and Watch This!!!

I thought redneck phones were two tin cans with string stretched in between?

Don't be too quick to knock those things. They used to work for distances of several miles before being replaced by electric phones.

Yeah I want to put one in but I didn't know how practical it would be . Do I need to install an alternater?

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    i have them on all my and pa system too

I live in the mountains smoky Mountains to be exact . What is the range in an are like that?

when I rockcrawled we all had them in the Jeeps and a handheld too. The handheld was good for guiding drivers when you were out of your Jeep trying to help them crawl over rocks. I almost never get to ride with another 6x6 so I've never thought about putting one in.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    The basic cb u get from the store they can do 2 miles but u can make it go far like put in the amp that help u cam talk like 5 to 15 miles just depends how big of ur amp
    Last edited by russriders; 03-21-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by russriders View Post
    The basic cb u get from the store they can do 2 miles but u can make it go far like put in the amp that help u cam talk like 5 to 15 miles just depends how big of ur amp
    I once talked to a lady claiming to be in Cleveland while I was in Akron. You can make a toaster pick up the signal if you bump your output out enough. However, there are regulations as to how much you can put out, so it would be best to check on those before modifying. I guess neighbors start to complain when their toaster talks to them.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread