42 year advance to my new 2010 MaxIV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 42 year advance to my new 2010 MaxIV

42 year advance to my new 2010 MaxIV

I have always drove attex machines but I recently advanced 42 years from my 1972 Attex trainer and Colt to a 2010 Max IV rolling chassis. It had 59hrs on it but I left the key on for most a day and racked up a few more, lol. It has windshield, seat belts, roll cage, winch, 26" terras and heated throttle cable. I am super excited! I put a t-20 in it from the Colt and am going to use a tank trainer engine which I bought back. I got the t20 in today and have the engine sitting ready to drill mounting holes. This Max IV is a one of a kind factory machine. I have not modified the machine in any thing other then bolting in t-20 and setting engine in. There are 3 unique features to this machine that are visible through my pictures. I guess if you get technical maybe 4. Lets see if anybody can figure them out. I know a few of you I text or see on facebook might already know the obvious. Please give others a shot!

I'm seeing the trans down low, maybe fancy chain adjusters, seats look like blems and fancy racing stripes in the skid plates. Oh and the backwards clutches.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    I'm seeing the trans down low, maybe fancy chain adjusters, seats look like blems and fancy racing stripes in the skid plates. Oh and the backwards clutches.
    1-Engine down low(you said trans but I know what you meant) Possible technically 4th difference was trans mounted forward.
    2-Skid plate stripes.(Not sure why they are there)

Seat blems? Not sure?
    Chain adjusters Im not sure about either I guess. Ill have to look into that.
    Clutches are Yes! Good eye! I didnt include that though. I figured it was part of the engine/trans mount thing. Guess I should have included it though.
    Still one more strange thing about this machine.

That's how a Max IV should be built. It is much better balanced and easier to access the trans. That will be an excellent machine but you need to upgrade to at least a 25hp Kohler.

The seats have the material used on later machines, that's normal. The engine cover is the uncut version of the 27/29hp Kaw cover. Look like you might also have the storage box under the front seat?
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Beautiful machine Larry. Best of luck with it.

I see now, looked right past it, no s/n.

Is that under seat storage? Looked past that also.

Nice machine Larry... I think I recognize the frame from an old test bed at RI.

Yeah Larry! Nice lookin' unit! Way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    That's how a Max IV should be built. It is much better balanced and easier to access the trans. That will be an excellent machine but you need to upgrade to at least a 25hp Kohler.

The seats have the material used on later machines, that's normal. The engine cover is the uncut version of the 27/29hp Kaw cover. Look like you might also have the storage box under the front seat?
    I agree, why arent they all built like this... The ohh180 will have to work for now and yes that is a storage box under front seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by patb069 View Post
    Beautiful machine Larry. Best of luck with it.
    Thanks Pat!

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    I see now, looked right past it, no s/n.

Is that under seat storage? Looked past that also.
    Bingo! no s/n. and yes the storage under seat too. I guess I shouldnt have put a number on how many things, lol. Good eye Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Nice machine Larry... I think I recognize the frame from an old test bed at RI.

Thanks for the picture Mike! Its gotta be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Yeah Larry! Nice lookin' unit! Way to go.
    Thanks Joe!

Nice Max! I gotta believe their not built like that for balance in the water. I fish with two adults in the front seat and it floats nice and level.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread