conversion kit to redesign the MAX IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: conversion kit to redesign the MAX IV

Deff an indepth job. Its gonna take some time before i get my new shop set up. I moved a few months ago and i just got finished renovating the new place, now im focused on the shop. ill take pics...

You know, I think the best bet is to talk to the manufacturer, I would venture to say Matt O. has thought about this as well. I've always thought that there is a more simple and reliable way to build these machines, and also lower the center of gravity and off road abilities of the machine.

There's got to be thousands of Max4s out there and even if only 1 in 100 bought a conversion kit, that's a bunch of kits. Best case scenario would be a major overhaul of the factory design so that a new machine with a better design would roll off the production line.

Maybe we will see this in the upcoming Max4 8x8 rumored to be in the planning stage.

Noel, talking to Matt O. would certainly be nice. Having him make and sell a kit would be great and i bet the odds (1/100) are much better than that. If they did make a kid before i made one, i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I think Richard did an excellent job with the kit. I would be concerned about heat buildup in the exhaust box during long/difficult rides, but I sure like the look. The other advantages would definitely be worth the effort of figuring out how to get this done. I would buy one of the kits if anyone can get one put together.

I wish i could find a person with one of these machines for sale... or one so inclined to let me get dimensions of the parts. Zrichard said he sold 12 kits before taking them off the market. Pretty small group to say the least. I wonder what his selling cost was for a kit?

The more I think about it, it seems more likely that we will see a simplified Mudd Ox rather than a revised Max4. The Max4 will probably get some revisions in the form of advanced engines, auto-adjusters for the chains, and better build quality. It makes more economic sense to offer a Mudd Ox with a t-20 transmission and the 29hp Kohler like the new Max 2 & 4 and Buffs have. Just think if that machine kept the double #80 chains like the current machines have, it would take forever to wear a set of chains out.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    The more I think about it, it seems more likely that we will see a simplified Mudd Ox rather than a revised Max4. The Max4 will probably get some revisions in the form of advanced engines, auto-adjusters for the chains, and better build quality. It makes more economic sense to offer a Mudd Ox with a t-20 transmission and the 29hp Kohler like the new Max 2 & 4 and Buffs have. Just think if that machine kept the double #80 chains like the current machines have, it would take forever to wear a set of chains out.
    Somewhere on here was a post that a MuddOx will never have a T-20.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Somewhere on here was a post that a MuddOx will never have a T-20.
    I think you are right about a T-20 in a Mudd-Ox Jim, but maybe it is sort of a James Bond/Sean Connery kind of thing with "Never say Never". Speaking of spys....

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Just thought I'd drop in to say,
    Muddox did it.
    They freakin' did it.

They did what?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread