good snow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good snow

good snow

looks like you guys in the northeast states are getting some fun snow to play in !! keep us posted and maybe get some videos to share. only got about 2 '' here in va. johnboy va.

we have about a total 18" on the ground. pa

75 degrees here in Texas today. I was off today and I must admit felt a bit guilty walking around in shorts and T-shirt with so many friends up North experiencing the Blizzard. Of course we will pay the price in Texas by July when its triple digits here.

I hope all the folks in the Northeast are fully prepared, and well stocked.

30 + inches in Southern NH and its still coming down. I took the Max out yesterday before the snow started I was doing pretty good in about 6-8 inches of existing snow running factory rubber tracks. Today was a different story. I got stuck at the end of my driveway in a snow drift. This stuff is real fluffy and the tracks just spin as soon as a mound of snow gets piled up in front. I'm looking to add some snowmobile cleats today/tomorrow to help with traction, but I'm not so sure this will help in deep snow. Are there any tracks that would work well in deep powder? I'll see if I can post a few pics tomorrow.

I finally got a chance to try my Tomahawk with factory track setup (I've had Tomahawk and the tracks about 4 years now).
    Banned

tonyk72:
    Which Max do you have? In the fluffy powder rubber tracks work well. When it gets slushy or icy they still work but less effectively, but in mud they are worthless. The Adair tracks with snow cleats work very well in all conditions.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 09:12 PM.

I have a Max IV with a 20 horse Kohler. I did a red spring upgrade recently too...My tracks are pretty beat, yhe waffle pattern is torn to shreds.

nice video George tracks look fun.

+ Reply to Thread