MAXII with plow frame and plow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAXII with plow frame and plow

MAXII with plow frame and plow

I just finished a little plow project that I've been dreaming up all summer and thought I would share. A bunch of us ride dirt bikes on the ice in the winter and plowing is always a problem, not many people want to drive their $40k trucks on the ice. The MAX exceeded my expectations after the first mile of plowing. All I did was drive about 100 1/2" gold screws into the tires and I had all the traction I needed. The ability to change directions quickly was also a plus, I could attack a drift quickly and then move onto the next area, unlike an ATV with the constant three point turns and the like.

I had some plates made on the water jett machine for attaching the plow to the bearing plates and welded them to some 1x2 tube stock....

I started by bench welding the rear mount to the tube and then installed it onto the MAX and clamped the remaining mounts for proper location and then welded them on the machine....

A buddy of mine found an old ATV V-plow for $100, so we banged it back into shape and modified the mounting points to fit the custom plow frame. The front of the plow frame is bolted to the two side mounts, allowing the entire frame to be removed in about 10 minutes. The thing plows snow really well, I'm amazed actually! The only issue I'm having now is that the control sticks get really stiff after it's been in the cold for awhile. I'm going to service the T-20 this week and flush out any moisture.

Nice!

This is my true addiction, the whole reason why I bought the MAX...
    A buddy and I riding New years day!

http://vimeo.com/115776459

That looks like a blast! Too bad you don't have some video of the Max in action. That would be appropriate for a 6x6 forum.

The mods look good.

I'll get some action shots next week

Cool video, again a shame wasn't the max in action. Wow what a deal on the v plow, nice work.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

awesome bike riding. Thanks for sharing. Could you get some close ups of the plow maybe even plowing. Plow looks awesome

We plan on plowing a new track tomorrow night and I can get some video then if it's not too dark.

+ Reply to Thread