Rode my Max II hard yesterday. Got hot and saw some smoke. Help.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rode my Max II hard yesterday. Got hot and saw some smoke. Help.

Rusty-Gunn is correct, the entire transmission has to come apart to replace them. However, you may not have to. Those seals just press/tap in. If you are careful/lucky, you can use a wooden dowel and work the seal back into the transmission. Often, the seals are forced out because of pressure building up in the transmission. That can come from having too much fluid in the T20 or not having a vented plug for the top plug. Make sure yours is vented and that the fluid is at the correct level.

Mine does have the vented top plug. I went ahead and let my local motorcycle shop take it and they thought the same thing, that maybe it just got pushed out a hair. They did say that, worst case scenario (if transmission has to be pulled and taken apart)... 10 hours of labor plus parts. Could be pricey :o( If that's the case maybe I should have more done while at it?

+ Reply to Thread