New Guy needs advice

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Guy needs advice

New Guy needs advice

I've been lurking around here as a guest reading what I can to learn more. I'm in the process of looking for a 6x6. I'm going to look at the following next week.

1998 Max IV - The Good -> roll cage, tracks, extra set of tires

The bad -> rear seat missing needs carb cleaning

Asking Price $2800

Are the seat frames the same? My idea if possible would be to move the front seat to the rear and add a suspension seat to the front

Anything else I should keep my eye out for besides chains and sprokets?

I have a 2005 Max Iv. The front seat frame has steel "tabs" that support the front floor board corners, whereas the rear frame does not. I don't think it would matter if the front were in the back though. Still, I don't know if the mount bolt spacing is the same.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I think moving the front seat to the rear is doable and I sure like the suspension seat idea. I've been planning the suspension seat myself but can't seem to find the time. Seems like there are some posts on a suspension seat here.

Does $2800 sound like a reasonable price?

Take a look at this for a lot of useful information.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...r-s-guide.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Does $2800 sound like a reasonable price?
    I gave more than that for mine with no tracks or extra tires. The clogged carb is a way of life nowadays anyway.

SE Texas Just between the piney woods and the Gulf of Mexico
    I gave 2500 for a 2003 IV with 25hp Kohler and 26" Goodyyear Terra's, camo color.

The seats, body and just about everything else was in great shape.

Just like you I had to run thru the carb....Kohler carb kit wasnt cheap.
    I also changed all fluids and filters.

After a little tlc, ive got her on the trail and in the mud and its performing fine...kids are happy.

I was pleased with the price I paid....It just depends on how much you want to pay.

Gremlin... I checked to see if my front seat frame would fit the rear, but it would not. The bolt spacing is different.
    Did yours fit?

SnackMaster... Sorry, but I can only suggest Buffalo Bearing as a source for bearings.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

If I understand correctly you want to move the front bench seat to the back. I have a 2001 MaxIV and I have moved the front seat to the back with no problem. I also have a suspension seat I want to install but also have not had the time.
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

+ Reply to Thread