need help getting a part quote for a wrecked rig asap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help getting a part quote for a wrecked rig asap

need help getting a part quote for a wrecked rig asap

ok here it is, roughly 70's model max2 converted into a trailer for hunting. loaned it to a guy who wrecked it bad and says it just threw a bearing. tried contacting Richards relics via email and phone for a quote on parts to fix (rebuild it) but no response or answer and I may have to take the guy o court to get reimbursed so I need a legitimate quote on parts + shipping freight to Alaska 99687.

Tub, 6 axles with inner and outer flanges + bearings and shaft collars, frame, hitch receiver interior portion, and flange seals

basically I had stripped everything down to the frame and beefed it up with additional bracing, added a floor, 8" rise over the lip , a lid, and took the hitch mount off and attached it up front with a steel plate outside that had 2 arms straight off it for the tongue to pivot up and down to stabilize the towing. after the "bearing threw he says they drug it back 2 miles slowly to camp" the middle axle had so much play in it that the tire rubbed a hole big enough for my hand to fit through in the tub. basically its totaled, frame is twisted and even torn in sport along with the tongue being bent and all 6 axles completely bent. didn't even have the decency to offer to replace it just to buy the parts so I would have to fix it. yes it was old and not perfect but the cost to rebuild it FAR outweighs the cost of a replacement inferior meat wagon. yes im bitter. oh yeah this was tossed in my front lawn on return while I wasn't home 1 day befor I was to take it for my moose hunt and I was left with no way to get my gear and meat in or out. any help would be appreciated. I built this thing over a 6 month period so I could pull it with my max and cross water with a floating trailer behind my floating max.ughhhhhhh

Typical bad customer service of Richard's Relics you experienced there. Anways, Amphibiousdrew and I have all the axles and flanges available for you. Call Buffalo Bearing (716) 874-1720 and tell them you're with 6X6World and they'll take good care of you for the bearings. This should give you a good start. Sorry to hear about this, it's pretty rotten that someone would do that.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I'm betting that replacing all the parts will cost more than just buying a new trailer from the factory. Give them a call and find out Contact Us | Mudd-Ox & Max ATVMudd Ox

+ Reply to Thread