any permanent cure for electrical grounding?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any permanent cure for electrical grounding?

any permanent cure for electrical grounding?

My 04 max 2 usually solenoid clicks upon ignition. It stumped me for awhile when it would turn over but not fire up in the past (2-3 years ago) until I ran a new ground cable from starter to frame, but it now gives a solenoid click before it turns over and fires up. Connections are tight and dirt/grime free and has a healthy battery.
    Anyone have a good solution to grounding issues on the machines? I'm just trying to beat being stranded before it happens.
    Thanks fellas

The old ground may have a separated terminal or a split somewhere along the cable. I had a similar problem on an 2001 Max2. The ground looked good but sometimes the machine would not do anything. A jumper cable always fired the machine up and it went perfect until the next ride, then the same issue again.

After trouble shooting it I decided to pull off the ground and there it was. This machine had a black rubber coating on it and you couldn't tell it was faulty until I removed it entirely and replaced the cable. Then I could see that the cable was very flexible in the middle and while fiddling with it realized the cable had a fault in the middle where the wire had partially broken. The terminal was a press on style and it was loose as well. Once the cable was replaced it took care of the problem entirely.

My wifes Max II of a similar vintage, replacing the ground strap fixed the problem. On my hustler, I ended up running several grounds. Battery to frame. Battery directly to the solenoid, and another from battery to engine.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    My wifes Max II of a similar vintage, replacing the ground strap fixed the problem. On my hustler, I ended up running several grounds. Battery to frame. Battery directly to the solenoid, and another from battery to engine.
    The best way to fix your problems is right here. Lots of extra cables to run but it keeps the voltage up where you need it.

+ Reply to Thread