Max in the water - unintentionally

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max in the water - unintentionally

Max in the water - unintentionally

So today while one of my workers was dropping off some supplies he started rolling forward while shifting into reverse as he was on a bit of a hill. Of course he panicked and jumped out and it went down the hill about 12 meters vertical into the water. And no, we don't have plugs in them, they haven't arrived on site yet. Thankfully it seems to have stalled out or shorted out before the engine managed to suck in any water.

Enjoy the pictures.

I must say these things are tough little things, this one in particular has had some pretty rough experiences including being rolled at one point.

Wow, I can't say I blame him for bailing out! Are you installing a pipeline there? That looks like a pretty remote location.
    Thanks for the pics.
    Nick

They are indeed tough little things!
    Thomas

94 MAX IV, 16 Vanguard, Aqua Torques, 1 1/4" wheel spacers

Holy crap! These shots need to get posted on the wall in Galen's office at RI.

I'd love to hear more details about the work you guys are doing.

thats one way of draining the water out, i usually dont use a backhoe though

I must say a probably would have bailed too.

He bailed long before it started going down the big hill. Can't blame him too much for bailing, but still it is frustrating. We are working on a gold project, water colour is due to return water from the drilling which is full of finely ground rock.

Once we got it back to the shop and washed it up it seems to be good as new. Well, after an oil change and drying out everything.

They just have to remember to keep the foot brake down when shifting on a hill. This is quite the advertisement for Recreatives though. A machine that can roll down a hill and get submerged under water, pulled out, and then started back up after the fluids are changed sure is a pretty tough unit.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanx for the pix. 1st I can't figure out HOW it made it down upright. 2nd , I assume it's the driver that bailed back down in the water. My WIFE even asked my Questions and she used to race them. Glad to hear everyone and thing are okay. Jr. Wallach should overnight anything you need to replace... filters more drainplugs etc.

This happens more often than its reported. I know of two machines that people have sunk and recovered and put back into operation. They are indeed very durable machines to survive this and be back in working order so quickly.

+ Reply to Thread