Hi. New to the forum. So... This will be my build thread. Got the name from my two boys. When I brought home this max iv they said it looks like a pig from angry birds because of the snub nose and round lights. So far the name has stuck. Not exactly new to 6x6s. Years ago I had an old Argo and a swamp fox. I didn't have them very long and don't know much about them other than they were allot of fun. As this post goes on ill tell more about my self.

So me and my boys (10 and 11) now have a 91 max iv that is our new project. Been doing as much research as I can but have a few questions.

I know my max is a 91. I called RI to confirm the year. #9201. I have a 18hp vanguard and they said that was an option for that year.

I'll ask one question at a time.

Question:
My machine uses the smaller bearings. 62mm. On the inner bearing it has the flanges to hold the bearing. I see some use this set up and some use inner pillow block. Is there an advantage from one to the other? Did this machine use both set ups? At one time or another. Or did just the max 2 use the pillow blocks.