Too many threads.....just a simple answer please.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too many threads.....just a simple answer please.

Unhappy Too many threads.....just a simple answer please.

BELTS....just one here. The or any DIRECT replacement drive belt name and part number for the RI Carlisle 018033 drive belt. Simple and all I am asking. It appears somewhere that not only has the Max brand not around anymore(AT ALL) but they apparent have never existed at all ever!!! That is atleast what answer I get anywhere I try to ask about a cross referenced replacement for it. I am talking the MANUFACTURERS on the phone making that claim. I know better ... then again are these belts actually some type of rebranded knock off. Sad when you can find a belt for a 40 year old machine but not a 14 year old machine without buying it thru the parts supplier directly and then...it is JUST that one belt . I KNOW BETTER THAN THAT. I worked directly with the bearings and belts on almost ever moving thing made. There are usually atleast 4 or more alternatives to ANYTHING....somewhere.

Not sure what machine you have or which belt you need, but my 1995 Max II with a 14hp Vanguard uses a Dayco HP3003. These can be bought from Sixity.com for $34 (free shipping). Best deal on a belt I could find and it fit perfect.

I use a 1092M3 Carlisle to replace a 018033 on a briggs powered max 4.

Dayco HP3017 is an equivilent.This company sells the belts you need...
    Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 03-10-2017 at 04:19 AM.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Recreatives Industries is the company your are looking for, belts are listed by manufacturer.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    I read this before and bought two 1092M3 belts to replace my original 018033 belt on my 25HP Max. The 1092M3 belts I received are way too short to replace the 018033 belt that is on my machine. I have three original 018033 Recreatives belts here and two brand new 1092M3 Carlisle belts that do not fit at all. Perhaps they work on the smaller Briggs engines but they do not fit on the 25HP Kohler powered Max IVs. This makes no sense to me as I am strictly looking at part numbers when I order. If a 018033 fits a Briggs Max and fit my Kohler powered Max, then by default the 1092M3 should fit right?? Nope, not a chance.

Here is a pic of a new Carlisle 1092M3 belt sitting on top of the Recreatives 018033 that came off my Max.

018039 is the factory belt for 25-29 horse max. It should measure 44 11/32 outside. The 018033 is briggs only and measures 42.5 outside. I run a Carlisle 1116 m3 on the 25-29 hp models. The magnum engine 4 ran a 1060 from the factory and is very difficult to install. I run a 1042M3 on all the 20-23 horse kohler max 4s. If I posted the wrong numbers at one time I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    So this will indeed work with an 18hp Briggs on a Max 4? I think somebody need to tool up some type of automatic belt tension so various belt might be able to also be used. Anyway....any and all belts that can be purchased at Autozone,Napa,etc should be listed here too. I use to know the belts at NAPA but that was over 15 years ago.

I just bought a NAPA 6069 belt for my Max IV with 18 hp Briggs.
    Immature. A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

If you used the Search button you would have discovered a few threads that show the belts used on these machines.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread