Alternative windshield supports

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Alternative windshield supports

Got em, just don't have them on yet! Was in to big a hurry to post my handiwork. Also getting the tubes painted to match the frame, my painter at work has some flat black texture paint that is pretty durable.
    Last edited by LW1911; 04-05-2017 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling

nice looking work

thank you

Looking good! I'm glad to see that old windshield back in business.

Thanks Brother, it'll look better once the tubes are painted. I think I'm gonna leave the hardware shiny chrome though. Got to have a little sparkle right?

Well, even though my shiny hardware looks good, the tolerance in the fit of the different items allowed the posts to rattle when in motion. Most of the rattle came from the 2-way mounts on the side. I made up some cables for the front side just tight enough to pull the slack out of the posts and stop the rattling. After I stood back and looked at the cables, I realized they may also protect the glass to a degree by catching branches and brush before it gets to the windshield. Well at least 2/3rds of it anyway.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread