Max production delay

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Max production delay

HEY RUSTY can you see RUSSIA from their.

The reasoning for the link was simply to be able question the quality in question and nothing else. Again this appears to be a dealer of sorts whether authorized or not, if this person had pre 2013 Max experience with RI the quality question would be answered and mute that part of this thread after being answered either positively or negatively.

I have no position in this as I have no knowledge of any or all parties practices or grievances.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    HEY RUSTY can you see RUSSIA from their.
    Not from my town. Too far apart.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Gees Rusty the quality may be fine in that timeframe. Who knows & who cares. MXI seems to have put a disclaimer on them initially when Max was acquired to relieve them of any responsibility. That seems reasonable & prudent. It's nothing to be that concerned about really.

Bridget

SOOOOO RUSTY , when you say do we have any proof of the MAX line being destroyed, I think you took it out of context when I said PILFERED and DESTROYED. any reasonable
    person would have thought i meant , 1 steel the cash, 2 take the hardware , 3 improve upon their personal line of vehicles, 4 promote said line more for sales , 5 try and look good by portraying to be the good guy by SO CALLED saving the MAX line. SO now that I have explained what was said does that help. you have to look at the box from the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    SOOOOO RUSTY , when you say do we have any proof of the MAX line being destroyed, I think you took it out of context when I said PILFERED and DESTROYED. any reasonable
    person would have thought i meant , 1 steel the cash, 2 take the hardware , 3 improve upon their personal line of vehicles, 4 promote said line more for sales , 5 try and look good by portraying to be the good guy by SO CALLED saving the MAX line. SO now that I have explained what was said does that help. you have to look at the box from the outside.
    In other words, mismanaging the business.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

WFO lighten up man.
    In all honesty, I don't see how the Max 6x6 atvs in their current form could have been expected to sell in any reasonable numbers when you have far far superior 8x8 products available from Mudd-Ox and Argo. Even if Mudd-ox attempted to offer improvements to this lighter duty recreational "fun" line of ATV's (and they did), the Max line of ATV's is just not very practical for much other than joyriding around. If it was, it would have a higher demand. So if interested parties want better sales, they're going to have to do something different with their machines. My impression looking in from the outside is that sales and return on investment were likely a factor (speculating). We all can have good intentions in attempting to improve a product line. But, you'd be sillly to put all your eggs in one basket, and Mudd-ox has also been a continuous innovator in building and improving 8x8 machines. I encourage anyone to try if for themselves - hang it all out there in the hopes of contributing to the sport and maybe even making a living doing something so fun. Not so easy. I respect those willing to try.

seems like if you own a aatv manufacturing co. and one product is more of a recreational machine as buzz says, you have much more competition with 4x4 s and side by sides. if you also build the heavy duty '' industrial '' 8 x 8 s and those are your real sellers and profit, there is no need to spend alot of time and money '' beefing'' up the rec machine ( as long as it's built well for it's intended use ). you already offer that machine. about all you could do for the rec machine to compete better with 4 bys and side by's would maybe add '' extras '' , etc. winch, cushier seat, whatever. seems like thats what matt did. j.b.

I don't think 6x6 machines are going anywhere. I can't imagine that Argo will stop making them. The most attractive feature of the Max line was the entry-level price tag. At the events I've been to, the vast majority of the machines are 6 wheelers. The bulk of those are Maxes and Argos. I'd guess that there would still be a demand for a Max. After all, they are/were made in America, easy to work on and the most affordable (new or used).
    Banned

Whipper

+ Reply to Thread